Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakeberg contact info?

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Jeremy Allen, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Does anyone have the phone number/email address for a luthier in the Cincinnati area named William Lakeberg? I think his shop may be (or was) called "Amsterdam House Violins" or something. A friend recently had some good work done there, but lost the info, and I'd like to track it down. It isn't online anywhere as far as I can tell...but I think it's the same Lakeberg as "Lakeberg and Baer" (at least one person on TB plays one of these basses).
    Thanks gang,
    Jeremy

2. Jeff Bollbach

Jeff Bollbach Jeff Bollbach Luthier, Inc.

Dec 12, 2001
    freeport, ny
    nick lloyd has his info.But he is out of town for a few. Cinnci bass cellar can put you in contact with him. Great maker and humble nice guy.

3. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    pm me if you still need the info.

4. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Thanks guys, I got it.
    Cincinnati seems to have a preponderance of talent in the area of luthiers, especially in comparison with Indiana. Now, I personally think the drive between Bloomington and Cinci is lovely...but if I were a budding luthier looking to open a bass shop, I think I'd put one smack in between Indianapolis and Bloomington and fill a much-needed niche.

5. nicklloyd

nicklloyd Supporting Member/Luthier

Jan 27, 2002
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    It's the chili.