1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakeland Scheff 4 in Shoreline Gold

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by road-cat1, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. road-cat1

road-cat1 Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    It's pretty hard to find a Skyline Jerry Scheff in general, and to find a Shoreline Gold one, is even harder.
    I picked this beauty up from a fellow TB'er and was thrilled. I had only wished that it was a 5 string. WELL, wouldn't you know it.....a few months later a 5 string Scheff appeared on TB and I snapped it up. I thought that I would keep both of them, but I really play 5 string on all my gigs and thought it only right to share this with the others that have been looking for this rare model.
    I had a pickguard made from the company that LAKELAND directed me to. That had the forms and I had a black and white one made. I will include both of them, but I think that the black is KILLER. Bass plays perfectly with the distinctive sound of the SCHEFF model. I have it strung with roundwounds but will also send the flat T-I strings with it.
    Will sell it for $850 plus shipping. Includes the LAKELAND hard (SKB) case
    If you have not heard this bass....click on the link below and hand on to your hat!
    Welcome to Lakland

this will do it for you, once you have heard these audio clips
    scheffside.
    schefffront.
    scheffback.

2. I've always wanted a Scheff. I should have jumped on that silver one when I had the chance a few months back! Good luck with the sale!

3. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    What's the weight?

4. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    It reads 8.4 pounds by subtractive method of weighing. (Me plus the bass on a scale and then me without the bass)

5. JGintheHam

JGintheHam Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    Mike Lull endorsing artist
    Wow. I'm a fan. Sounds awesome.

6. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    Great price on a beautiful and rare Jerry Scheff bass...

For those of you that may need a bit more information regarding the Lakland Jerry Scheff models, check out:

Lākland Jerry Scheff Bass Club

The above link should provide you with more than enough data to get the gears turning and make you buy this bass.

7. RumbleBeeAL

RumbleBeeAL

Jun 8, 2009
    Mobile, AL
    I feel your pain brother. However, the photos provided by the OP here, sure seem to capture the flake/sparkle/wow factor of the Shoreline Gold too. Take some of that leftover Christmas money and cop this one while you can...

8. Shoreline Gold is actually the common color as far as these rare basses are concerned as it was done as a final double run and I think all other colors were done as a single run. None of that is to suggest that these basses in any color are common. If this is here in a day or two when I figure out how I am going to proceed with a Glaub then I am going to be all over it.

9. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Sounds like a plan. I have had a couple of PM's , so we'll see what happens.

10. If my 44-02 moves, I'll be contacting you (unless, of course, you're open to a possible trade...)

11. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    VERY Nice!!!!

I got a US Scheff in a trade and am VERY impressed!

I too wish it were a fiver though!!!

get a rarity before it goes away....

12. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    pm'ed ya once again :D

13. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Sale Pending......I will keep you all updated when or if it is final. Thanks guys, for all the interest and support from our Bass Fraternity...

14. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    dun dun dun......paypal sent at cha :)
    Looking forward to giving these Skylines a rip.
    Looks like a fun bass...Loved the lipstick pups I had on another bass previously.

15. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
    You're out of control Dan!!! He he he!!!

16. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    ya think?
    weeeeell?
    a wee bit? maybe :D :eyebrow::rollno::hyper::bassist:

:bag:

17. road-cat1

Mar 24, 2008
    Mesa, AZ
    Deposit has been received and it is all but ready to go to a new loving home. As I told Dan in a personal msg......the Scheff bass has such a vibe and character to it, that it inspires you as a player. How many basses do we need to own that SOUND like a Fender Jazz Bass.....this one cuts through a mix with character. Even with that said, I found that I can pan just a hair to the neck PU and mute the strings to sound quite like a string bass. This bass started me on the quest to find the 5 string of this model. Now that I own the Scheff 5, it is an important part of my bass arsenal. ENJOY...

18. Mrfstop

Mrfstop

Jan 26, 2006
    New York
    Been a pleasure Michael!
    Looks like a lot of fun.
    Will greatly anticipate it's arrival :D
    thank you!

19. thehess

thehess

Jun 15, 2011
    Merf's-top is at it again. That's a beauty!

20. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Wow.....did not even know a Scheff was on the list Dan!

Congrats....I really think you are going to like it....

2 rarer Lakies as the first 2!

Congrats

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.