Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 10th party...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Vic, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    I think I'm gonna' wanna' go to this, and would like to get in on a table deal, but you have to have at least two people for that. I'm in Central IL, but would also be interested in just meeting there as needed.

Anyone interested in sharing a table?

www.lakland.com has more on this. It'll be At Park West in Chicago on Thursday, March 10th.

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Vics,
    I might be interested in swinging by. I LOVE the Park West....best place in Chicago to see a show, and is by far my favorite venue. ;)

Jay
    BHB

3. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Hmmmm, I've been threatening to stop by your shop someday, too... maybe I could make it an awesome Bass Thursday! :)

I think it's an extra $25 per person, but hey, if I'm gonna' drive up to the city and spend $25, I might as well make it $50 to get a good seat! :)

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Damn, that does sound really cool. I may have to swing that also, can't beat good live music on a Thursday night! I'd spring to split a table too, I hate standing all night long and gettin jostled cuz I'm too short to see hahaha.

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Agreed, re: Park West!

I'm in! ;)

6. I spoke with Dan Lakin and he said it's going to be a blast.
    I'm coming. I might just wear a name tag that says Big String, I'd like to meet some of the Talk Bass folks.

7. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, I'll take the lead on this then...

I'll call/email and find out if it can be done such that, once 2 or more of us actually decide to commit to it, we can order our "table seats" separately, but for the same table.

If it works out, we'd get to check out some awesome stuff and also make 1-3 new friends in bass playing and TB bretheren all rolled into one night.

I'll post here what options we might have, then I'll look for folks who want to for sure do it. Tickets go on sale in Jan.

8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Maybe we could even make a weekend out of it and have a bass GTG and check out everyone's cool gear, if someone can host???

9. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Is this an outside venue? If so, March seems a little early in Chicago. Heck, that place can be pretty cold in late April! Still, I want to go, I'm in Southern Illinois, outside of St. Louis which is four hours away.

10. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Dr. Cheese,
    The Park West is the old Playboy club located in Lincoln Park. It's an indoor venue, and it also heated and airconditioned...part of the reason why shows there are so nice. It's become a primary hangout for the jamband scene...Chris Robinson, Gov't Mule, etc. It isn't big, but is a great "mid-sized" venue with a state-of-the-art sound system. If a band doesn't sound good at the Park West, they're just not a good band! :D

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

Holy Crap! I can't not go to that. Donald Duck Dunn is my hero, and if I can see him live before I die, I'll be a happy man. Maybe I'll get to :bag: meet him. If anyone else is going to go, you can bet your sweet fanny I'll be there.

12. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    JPJ, thanks for the info! I think I'm heading up to Chicago, By the way, I PM'ed you about a bass on your site. Let me know what it runs.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Wish that was closer to me!

I am moving this to Miscellaneous.

14. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    ---------- Original Message ----------------------------------
    Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 07:38:32 EST

>We are handling all table reservations directly; you would need a minimum of
    >two people per table. There are a limited number of two-top booths; the rest
    >of 2s would be paired with other 2s at the row tables on the main floor in
    >front of the stage. You will need to specify if you wish a booth or a main
    >floor table. You would make a check payable to Lakland Bass, with Merit School of
    > Music on the memo line. Since the proceeds will go to charity, a check would
    >be preferable to a credit card. I will confirm these details within the next
    >few days and will be sending out an update email to the mailing list, who
    >will get first dibs on table availability before the public onsale.

15. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Hey, I grew up Chi-Town and even though I don't live there anymore, I love excuses to go and visit and this counts. If you guys are going to have a TB Chicago get together, I'd love to come. Lemme see what the schedule and finances allow.

BTW, the Park West is a great venue. Since parking over there could be a challenge, maybe carpooling could help?

16. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, I want to at least assure I'm gonna' get a good table, so as soon as I can get a reservation, I think I'm gonna' go ahead and buy a pair. I'll first try Blueberry as a partner, but if he's not interested, I'll open it up to first buyer. Don't worry, I'm not a scalper. You pay what I paid and no more.

I'll leave the rest up to others to work out amongst themselves, but I'll help out by posting whatever info I get back from them as I do this.

17. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: Table Reservations
    Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:50:54 EST

Hi Vic -

Please allow my one correction - it is $35 extra per ticket for main
    floor; $25 per ticket non-main floor. I will have all of this confirmed
    shortly and will be sending out an update. All the table proceeds go
    directly to the Merit School of Music. I will keep you posted, you will
    be among the first for consideration for reservations.

Sharyl

18. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    The more I hear about this, the more psyched I am about it.
    I really hope the finances shake out favorably after the holidays. Anyways, here's the details I have:

The Raising the Bottom Concert will be Thursday, March 10, 7:30 show (6:30 doors) at Park West. Tickets will be $25, available on Ticketmaster. We go on sale January 10 at noon. We will also have a limited number of tables available (for two, four, or six) for an extra $35 per ticket for main floor, $25 per ticket for non-main floor. The Master Class with the five bassists is on Friday, March 11 from 2-4pm at the Lakland factory, and the open house will follow at 5-9 pm. There is a suggested donation of $50 or whatever you would like to contribute for the Master Class; the proceeds from the Master Class, along with the proceeds after expenses will go to the Merit School of Music, which provides instruments and lessons to inner-city teens, a vital necessity as most public schools have eliminated the arts from their cirriculum. I'd say the Master Class/Open House will be your best bets to get your basses signed, and I'm sure they will be happy to do so.

19. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Subject: Lakland Annivesary events onsale 1/10 - reserve and register now!
    Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 20:40:37 EST

Hello bass lover and happy new year! If you are receiving this email it means you are on the preferred list for the upcoming Lakland 10th Anniversary. This means you have first chance at reservation requests for tables, the Master Class and the newest addition, the private meet 'n greet on March 9.

We have a lot of really cool events going on so you can experience this once-in-a-lifetime gathering of five bass legends. At the same time you will celebrate Lakland’s tenth birthday AND help the Merit School of Music which provides instruments and lessons to inner-city teens. Below is a description of all the events, and a registration form (in Word for easy downloading) is attached.

THE CONCERT

The Raising the Bottom Concert is Thursday, March 10, 7:30 show (6:30 doors) at Park West. Tickets are $25, available on Ticketmaster, the Park West Box office and via Lakland through this email address. We go on sale January 10 at noon.

We have a limited number of tables available (for two, four, or six, maximum purchase is six) for an extra $35 per ticket for main floor, $25 per ticket for non-main floor. A portion of the ticket proceeds will benefit the Merit School; all table reservation proceeds benefit the Merit School.

A silent auction features a Lakland bass signed by all five legends, an Ampeg monitor and the opportunity to have a professional rock photo taken with all five legends by renowned rock n' roll photographer, an icon in rock history himself, Paul Natkin. All proceeds from the silent auction benefit the Merit School.

MARCH 9 MEET 'N GREET AT WEBSTER'S WINE BAR

We kick off with an intimate Meet 'N Greet cocktail party on March 9 at Webster's Wine Bar. Only 50 tickets will be sold for this exclusive gathering with the bass legends, and includes light appetizers, beer & wine. Purchase of a reservation automatically enters you in a drawing where four lucky winners can attend the pre-concert rehearsal at the Lakland factory immediately after. Proceeds will benefit the Merit School.

MARCH 11, MASTER CLASS & OPEN HOUSE

The Master Class with the five bassists is Friday, March 11 from 2-4 pm at the Lakland factory, and the open house will follow at 5-9 pm. There is a suggested donation of $50 or whatever you can contribute for the Master Class; the proceeds from the Master Class will go to the Merit School. Enjoy the open house with our compliments.

CHICAGO INFO

We can also offer hotel/transport and other info about Chicago, just request it and I will email you our guide (done in Word format for easy downloading).

You'll also be able to check out the latest info at www.lakland.com. Feel free to write with any questions you may have.

Rock on with us in March 2005!

Sharyl Holtzman, Producer

20. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Subject: Regarding Order Confirmation
    Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:51:15 EST

Hey bass friends -

For those of you who order via fax and/or email, we will email you a confirmation via email that we have processed your order. You will be mailed your tickets (it is our desire to avoid a will call that takes up your time).

If you purchased a table or booth reservation, you will receive a seating assignment confirmation the week prior the event March 3). If you've never been to Park West, you'll be pleasantly surprised - it is an amazingly intimate room with outstanding acoustics and sight line. It is one of those venues where truly, there is no bad seat in the house.

Please don't hesitate to email me with any questions you may have, information you need. We thank you for your enthusiasm and support of the Lakland anniversary, we can't wait to rock with you!

Sharyl Holtzman, Producer

Lakland 10th Anniverary *
    March 9-11, 2005
    www.lakland.com