1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland 4-94 at GC...

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Matt Call, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
  2. I saw that a while back, and am having the same dialog with myself. My gut says there's something wrong with it.

3. Your gut is right. It's listed as excellent condition, but it is not at all.

4. Details?

5. He said multiple dings down to the wood. I didn't ask any more details once I heard that since they listed it as excellent and he immediately said it wasn't. Who knows what else they aren't disclosing. He said, "Oh...we meant excellent PLAYING condition." :rollno:

6. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
  7. The bass you linked to is gone. Did you mean the silver one?

8. Well, at least they realized it was a bass...:rollno:

9. Just bought this bass for 900 shipped from GC. It's killer!!!!

10. The sherwood green one in the first post.

11. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    $900 for a US Lakland is a steal. congrats

12. Hello,
    I spoke to the manager about this bass Thursday, and he told me it was in transit from a buyer who had returned it and he expected the bass back in his store any day. When you get it, look it over carefully. It doesn't make sense to me that someone would buy that bass for $1200 and send it back right away if he just didn't like it. Jeremy, the manager, assured me that the 30-day return policy applies to this bass.
    On a more positive note, I'm told the bass had a fret dress and preamp replacement by Lakland just before it went to GC last year, and at that time the bass had no major issues to speak of. The original case is long gone, but a G&G case for a Stingray is supposed to be included.
    What that boils down to is, if the info I'm getting is correct and you don't mind some scratches and dings, you may have the score of the month here.:D Keep us informed?

13. Jeremy told me on Friday that the bass would ship out Monday. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info.

14. the bass was in the store friday when I called. Jeremy weighed it for me. 7lbs 11oz

15. case included

16. bass arrived yesterday. It sounds and plays great. a couple of nicks in the finish. hipshot d tuner, great tolex case, killer birdseye fingerboard. the color is a little funky but who cares for the price.

17. Nice weight. Are the neck and truss rod in order?

18. it's all good. great bass!!

19. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    good score!