Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 4-94 deluxe/ Warwick NT Thumb- Opinions please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the captain, Sep 7, 2002.

1. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    Opinions please! been offered a real good deal on a Lakland 4-94 deluxe tealburst finish but had my eye on a new warwick neck thru thumb. Have to make up my mind by monday. like them both but of course for very different reasons. my music is mostly Jackson Browne. Dan Fogelberg, Eagles, Lynyrd Skynyrd, blues etc. I think I know which way to go but just need a little help in making up my mind. Price on both is just about the same so not an issue. I'm leaning toward Lakland but just need that extra push that you guys can provide. What ever I end up with will try to post photos.

2. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I think you better take Lakland 4-94 for your kind of music. I have both, I prefer Lakland over Warwick, especially the neck , eventhough my Warwick Thumb has Wenge neck.

3. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    Tulsa,OK.
    thanks j.s. for taking the time to help out

4. I have owned a 1990 neck thru Thumb and currently own a 4-94 Deluxe. I agree for your style of music the Lakie is the right choice.

Have Fun!

5. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I think a lakland is what you really want..

nothing wrong with warwicks.. but they aren't for me.. ;)

6. Lakland!!

Unless you are getting a 96 or before Warwick you just aren't getting what it's cracked up to be. I had a 97 and just got tired of the neck heavy, unversatile tone the Warwick had. Lakland's on the other hand can GRUNT!!!

7. extreme

extreme

Mar 20, 2000
    Hey Cap'n!

Warwicks are sweet, but you definitely want to go for the Lakie. The tealburst finish is obviously the best finish they offer as well... :D

It's tough to tame the Warwick tone. The Lakland can get agressive if you want, but it can also get a really smooth, deep tone with good definition.