1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 44-01 Ash and Maple Korean

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by 4Mal, Dec 23, 2016.

1. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Price:
    Strings:
    IMG_0006.JPG 2008, MIK. Low hours. (I play the heck out of a 2011 with flats... this one has rounds. Thought I needed to carry both ... silly me.)

Weight is between 8.5 and 8.75 lbs, bathroom scale method. Not a featherweight but not bad.

Bass is in excellent condition with some very minor 'roughing' on the top of the headstock. Subtle enough that it is tough to photograph. That's all I see. Pic's below.

The 44-01 will ship in a soft side foam case. Case needs the 'hinge stop' strap reglued but is in otherwise good condition. I might get there this weekend but no promises.

Has newish Thomastic Super Alloys installed.

$575 shipped insured, conus via FedEx Gnd

AK and HI and intl buyers will need to inquire.

Thanks, Mal

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    ashtray likes this.
  2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Might want to add "Skyline" to the title... any reason you don't ship to Alaska or Hawaii?
    Thanks

3. osuok88

osuok88 Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Fort Worth, TX - USA
    The 44-01 or 44-02 are Skyline anyway

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    I'll cover the cost for conus. If the amount to ship to AK, HI or Norway exceedes what I'd pay for say Miami or NYC... then the additional cost is something we talk about...

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  5. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    IMG_0008.JPG IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

Attached Files:

6. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Me being west coast based, I can ship a bass to the 4 corners and expect between $50 and $75 using FedEx Gnd. So I build that into my price and say conus...

Just out of curiosity, I tried to get a rate to Sitka. Got an address on Halibut Point Road using Zillow.

The only options I could get Fedex Gnd to give me were 3 day delivery for around $200. That can't be right. I suspect I could fly to Sitka and deliver in person for that on Alaska Air... how do you normally receive large packages up there ?

I used 56x20x7, 35 lbs, $600 insurance.

7. bluesfordan

bluesfordan

Sep 3, 2009
    N.H.
    nut width?

8. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    These basses have the wonderful Lakland J plus profile. It is 1.6. One of the most comfortable necks of all time. 44-01, 44-02 and their US counterparts all have that neck. I've played a couple of P's with it as well.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  9. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thank you for entertaining my question. Whenever possible, we ask people to ship via USPS insured. It is always 1/4 to 1/3 the cost, and now USPS offers every level of insurance. I shipped a bass similar to the size you indicated and it cost me $60 to Florida, which was agreeable the buyer.

I always encourage sellers to list Alaska and Hawaii as an option saying, "Inquire for AK and HI" because there are plenty of customers in both states that are used to paying much more than their 48 state counterparts. Things are harder to get up here so we're used to higher prices on everything.

Also listing your dimensions, weight, and insurance allows the potential buyer out of the 48 to go price shopping themselves.

Thanks!

10. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Good intel. Probably should be a sticky somewhere rather than buried here though. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  11. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Merry Christmas bump

12. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    IMG_2751.JPG

In the soft sider

13. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Hey!
    Whats a matta you ? Itz'a nice'a bass... shaddupa you face... $5.00 discount iffa you know...

14. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Sold, shipped, delivered!