1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland 44-01 Limited Edition Trans Blue - Mint

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Sparkdog, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparkdog

Sparkdog Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    LAKLAND 4401 DELUXE WITH QUILT MAPLE TOP, 2011 LIMITED EDITION TRANS BLUE FINISH.

I bought this bass about 6 months ago to add an active bass to my lineup. I played it for 2 hours in the store because I could not get over how great it felt and sounded (pretty damn sexy looking too!)

There were several 44-01's there and this one really stood out from the others in every way. But now I need a road dog for the blues act I will be touring with and as much as I love this bass she's just too exotic looking for these guys...still need an active bass but I have to play a Fender to fit the look.

This one is perfect in every way, she has minor swirls on the finish from being played but no dents, dings or scratches at all that I can see. Neck is fantastic and all the hardware is rock solid. I have played a lot of 44-01's and some of them have harsh, brittle sounding preamps...not this one. I don't know why, but it's very smooth and organic sounding. Still has crazy amounts of high and low end available.

It's strung with new La Bella 760FL flatwounds, which sound great and will only get better as they break in. Bass was Plekked and I had it professionally set up, it's ridiculously playable :)

I replaced the plain black metal knobs with Jazz bass knobs for the volume and blend, and Precision bass knobs for Treble, Mid, and Bass eq knobs. I think they look way better and makes it easy to remember what knobs does what, but I also have the original knobs. I've also added Dunlop Dual Design Straploks (works with any strap, with or without Straploks on it) and an extra strap button 3 inches above the rear button. I do this with all my basses because I love the way it feels and it prevents me from ever resting my wrist on the body of the bass (unless I want to) which can lead to carpel tunnel syndrome over time. Other than that the bass is completely stock.

Bass weighs 8.5 pounds according to my digital scale and balance is perfect.

You don't see many of these limited edition models, it's very unique. I'm asking $500 including Fed Ex ground shipping anywhere in the USA, and it will ship with a padded gig bag.

Trades? Maybe a Glaub Skyline or interesting hollow body...try me.

Attached Files:

2. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    bump

3. PMd

4. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    PM replied, still available.

5. prbass

prbass

May 1, 2008
    McGregor, TX
    Pmd

6. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    All PM's replied, still available.

Responding to inquiry - YES, this is the 4401 DELUXE model with quilt maple top.

Thanks.

7. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    ttt

8. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    Still available?

9. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    Yes

10. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    Last call boys! I leave for a tour this weekend and won't have time to deal with a sale after that, I'll probably just keep her if nobody ponies up before then.

I'll say it again...this is the nicest 4401 you will find anywhere and a bargain at this price.

Thanks for looking.

11. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    What's the width at the nut?

12. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    1.6"

It's sort of in between a modern C shape Precision and a Jazz.

GREAT neck.

Lakland specs: Welcome to Lakland

13. amstudio

amstudio

Jul 3, 2010
    Medley, Fl
    pm sent

14. Sparkdog

Sep 18, 2006
    Burbank, CA
    SOLD!