lakland 44-02 or geddy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, May 17, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i've got a geddy lee jazz right now and for some reason i really can't find the sound i want from it, i even dropped in a set of ultrajazzes in to try and help, it did help a little but i still cna't get that sound

od you guys think it owuld be worth selling it and my ibanez srx to buy a lakland skyline 44-02?
  2. The Lakland should do a pretty decent job of any Leo Fender type sound, plus a number of its own. It is not growly as a Stingray without some eq tweaks, nor does it have a true P Bass sound; the Jazz sound is pretty damn good though, and with the Bart pre you can get pretty much anything you need with a few tweaks anyway. You'll likely also enjoy the fit and finish as well as one of the nicer necks you will find anywhere. My 55-94 Deluxe is the only bass I really need anymore, although I did just get a Fender Aerodyne Jazz due to my lack of a true P-Bass pickup among my basses and also due to a bad attack of GAS brought on by Fender's copying of the styling on my beloved 1985 Ibanez RB960 (I wanted the set). Turns out to be a pretty damn fine four string in its own right, and I will be using it for picked rock tunes among other things. Still, I'd get the 44-02 if I didn't already have a Lakland.