1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

lakland 44-02 or geddy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by turkish, May 17, 2003.

1. turkish

turkish Guest

Jul 14, 2002
    FCCAUSA, or here
    i've got a geddy lee jazz right now and for some reason i really can't find the sound i want from it, i even dropped in a set of ultrajazzes in to try and help, it did help a little but i still cna't get that sound

od you guys think it owuld be worth selling it and my ibanez srx to buy a lakland skyline 44-02?

2. The Lakland should do a pretty decent job of any Leo Fender type sound, plus a number of its own. It is not growly as a Stingray without some eq tweaks, nor does it have a true P Bass sound; the Jazz sound is pretty damn good though, and with the Bart pre you can get pretty much anything you need with a few tweaks anyway. You'll likely also enjoy the fit and finish as well as one of the nicer necks you will find anywhere. My 55-94 Deluxe is the only bass I really need anymore, although I did just get a Fender Aerodyne Jazz due to my lack of a true P-Bass pickup among my basses and also due to a bad attack of GAS brought on by Fender's copying of the styling on my beloved 1985 Ibanez RB960 (I wanted the set). Turns out to be a pretty damn fine four string in its own right, and I will be using it for picked rock tunes among other things. Still, I'd get the 44-02 if I didn't already have a Lakland.