1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland 44-02 or LTD Surveyor 405?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EdwardYSC, Oct 4, 2010.

1. EdwardYSC

EdwardYSC

Feb 23, 2008
    Hong Kong
    I am choosing between an used Lakland 44-02 deluxe (4string) and New LTD Surveyor 405 (5string)

I never played 5string, but would like to try, coz I usually cover larc~en~ciel which require quite alot 5string (although still can be played on a 4string bass)

The used lakland is deluxe sunburst with maple FB ($985 shipped)

New ESP LTD Surveyor 405 is quited blue top (I WANT THIS COLOR) with maple FB, EMG PUP ($650 Shipped)

I would like to have a very comfort neck and excellent fretwork. But I would like to have a blue maple top for my taste.

2. splitcoilsenior

splitcoilsenior

Jan 18, 2009
    Get the ESP, it's nice and you like the top. It's all about what you like. It's got EMG pickups, which are nice, and an EMG pre-amp + coil splitting. Go for it.

3. EdwardYSC

EdwardYSC

Feb 23, 2008
    Hong Kong
    If go for LTD, i will replace Neck PUP to a Jazz bass soapbar which similar to Lakland combination (I like jazz bass sound)
    There will be $100+

4. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I loved the LTD I played. The bridge pup was really really bright though, you HAD to mix in a bit of the neck pup (yes I understand how to work the preamp, no matter what it was still real bright). I've never played the lakland though.

5. Infidelity

Infidelity Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    I agree with Tommy.. The LTD basses is a bright sounding bass.

My vote is for the 44-02 but I'm a bit biased..

6. mas502arc

mas502arc

May 14, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    Lakland. Much classier instrument that will work well for all styles if you ever want to move out of the J-rock genre.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021