Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 44-02 or Peavey Cirrus 4 ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by maestro7879, Jan 28, 2004.

1. I'm about to make the plunge to a higher end bass and i'm having a hard time with the decision. Here are the two that i'm thinking about Lakland Skyline Deluxe 44-02 or Peavey Cirrus 4 (Walnut or Redwood). Anyone have any opinions ? I have played both but still can't decide. Does either one stand out as a better quality/playing bass ? The price difference isn't an issue either.

Thanks

2. i really like both. that is a very difficult decision, which i think comes down to which tone and feel you prefer. i think the peavey has a smaller body than the lakland, and the neck is a little flatter on the peavey, too.

they're both ridiculously playable, though, and have very nice, versatile tones. also, i think they price out in the same range.

all you have to do is go out and play them both thru your rig.

robb.

3. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Those basses are very different in body style and tone. The Lakland is bigger like rcz said. I think the Cirrus is more comfortable. The Cirrus has a cool modern tone to it. But the Lakland will also sound great. Best thing to do is get both.

4. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I would offer 44-02 seeing you are buying a 4'er. and you can always dial an old school tone with lakland.

if it was my decision I would buy a 55-02 and a Cirrus 6 :D

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Two very good basses, you really can't go wrong with either. I prefer the sound of the Cirrus more, but you might not. I prefer the thinner profile of the Cirrus neck, but you might like a neck with a little more meat to it.

It's up to you to decide.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I havent played either but the Lakland looks nicer IMO.