1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland 44-60 pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DWBass, Nov 4, 2013.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I gigged my Lakland 44-60 for the first time this weekend. Sounded really good but the highs were a bit subdued. Not a lot but I could have used more snap for my slapping. Sure I could have added more in at the amp but I'm not a fan of boosting highs at the amp. I plan to keep the bass passive. I want to change the pickups for something that will give more lows and highs.

Any suggestions?

2. bluejayway82

bluejayway82 Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Yeah I have the same problem with my joe osborn with Lakland pickups.. I'm deciding between the 2 Delano styles of pick up (as suggested by tb members) or the dimarzio ultra jazz... I'm also paying attention to Lindy Fralin pickups as well, since that's what the 4460 was equipped with when they first came out..

3. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    I really like the Duncan QP's in my 44-60. They are not as harsh as the QP's for a P bass. The lows are big and tight, the top has nice sizzle and they sound good for slapping.

4. billysbassplace

billysbassplace

Mar 19, 2011
    Atlanta
    Try the Nordstrands. They sound great on one of my USA JO's