1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland 44-64 (1.75 neck/Glaub) vs. Lakland 44-64 (1.5 Duck Dunn neck) OPINIONS?!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ps1625, Jan 16, 2012.

1. ps1625

ps1625

May 15, 2011
    Ladies and Gents:

weigh in and let me know what you think about these 2 different neck profiles. Really curious what people think...Do Jazz Bass fans like that neck because its familiar. Do P-Bass fans think the 1.75 neck its part of the signature P thing?

and go!!

2. Yes.

3. ps1625

ps1625

May 15, 2011
    can u be more specific?!

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    I think the 1.75" is more comfortable for me to play (IMHO)....I like the string spacing etc better....

also....if you get one, decide on the "sound" you want....you can have: modern or classic....Lakland gives you that option....

5. I don't really know what other information to give. It's the same bass with two different neck profiles. People tend to favor one or the other but I am not sure why that is and can't really make assumptions. Do people like the wider nut because it's the classic Precision neck or because of the string spacing or larger hands? Do people like the jazz because the own jazz basses and are comfortable with it or because they find it faster to get around? I don't know and honestly it would all be speculation. But Lakland offers both so whichever you prefer you can get.

On a related side note I just got a Glaub with the jazz width and being a Precision guy who never got along with jazz widths I thought I would not aclimate but I did and actually almost prefer it now.

6. mikeluch

mikeluch Gold Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Ocala, FL
    I have and had both, I prefer the 1.5 neck for my purpose (also have it on the Decade)
    I think the best neck is the 1.6 neck on the 4-94 which is my favorite
    I had the Glaub and replaced it with a different P bass with a 1.5 neck