Lakland 44-94 Deluxe or F-Bass BN4

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the captain, Sep 11, 2002.

1. the captain

the captain

Aug 31, 2002
    which would you choose? I'm stuck. Both great basses. can only buy one. was set on the lakie than this F became avalable. what to do? opinions please. my style of music is eagles, jackson browne, bad co., aerosmith,fogelberg, blues, lynyrd skynyrd type of stuff. help.
  2. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    I have Lakland 4 -94 [ still new anyway ] and a brand new F bass BN 5 [ going to order BN 4 soon since I am 4 stringer ].
    It is a though choice, honestly. Both are great basses , you cannot go wrong with either. Different character, different approach to the sound .
    Lakland plays great in my band , while I have not tried Fbass in the gig yet [still not confortable with the B string ] .
    Playing solo/ alone without band , I prefer Fbass sound than Lakland . Both have great neck, and everything. F bass is more like handcraft , because of the wood cover pick up and electtronic compartment also the wooden knobs.
    For me I would prefer Fbass than 4-94 until I get the Joe Osborne.
  3. xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    I played both, then bought an F.
    that's just me though. I'm like that.
  4. Let's ask a couple questions:

1. What styles of music do you play?

2. Do you prefer a Music Man-type sound (Lakland) or more of a J bass-type sound? (F bass)

3. Are you on a budget? Generally Laklands are less expensive and more common.

4. Will you be recording with this bass? If so, what are the producers/engineers mostly asking for.

Everyone is right. They are both great choices. It's a matter of what is going to be right for you.

(BTW, if you're looking at buying new, talk to Adrian.:D )