Lakland 44-94 Deluxe

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by keoliphant, Jul 27, 2004.

1. keoliphant

Mar 11, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Hate to part with this bad boy, but I just got my first 5-string & my wife is making me do some selling!

This bass is great. Nice action, warm tone, punchy. I bought this 44-94 deluxe used in 2002. The body appears to be alder with a maple top. Maple neck with an ebony board. It's got a hip-shot tuner so you can get that low D. Nice! I paid $1600 for it in 2002. I'm asking $1400 obo.

Please email me for pictures. I'm having trouble getting them loaded! or pm me.

2. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I have a very nice Sterling that I'm looking to trade for a Lakland. Any interest in a trade plus cash arrangement? This bass is currently set up to play at HALF the string height of a new Sadowsky. Don't tell you don't want to keep a 4-banger around the house!! :)
  3. keoliphant

Mar 11, 2002
    Portland, OR
    But "the boss" has spoken!!! Have to sell in the next few months.

Thanks anyway.
  4. keoliphant

Mar 11, 2002
    Portland, OR
    I located a 167 stamped onto the top of the headstock. I assume this is the serial number. I hope this helps!
  5. This bass is one of the older ones with the input jack on the top I assume? Low serial number for sure...mine is #273 and it's a 97.
  6. keoliphant

Mar 11, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Nope, my input jack is on the side. I can send pictures if interested!

email me at

7. keoliphant

Mar 11, 2002
    Portland, OR
    A lot of people kicking the tires without buying....hopefully this will help.

This bass is priced to sell at $1325!!!!

Email me at

8. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Per Lakland:

167 was made Dec 97

273 was made Mar 98
  9. Thanks for the info! The person I bought mine from thought it was a 97.

10. dragonbass

dragonbass Commercial User

Feb 17, 2003
    Owner/Builder of LoPrinzi Basses.........................................EX-Sadowsky Guitars Builder

Why, YES it is!

Good talking with you. Keep me updated.

11. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    Rob, time to update your profile to (2) Now we both have twins. How sweet it is!!