Lakland 55-01 Deluxe - Quilted Maple Cherryburst finish-£500 ono

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Mike McGibney, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.

Way off the deep end! Just like the 44-01, dual Bartolini MK-1 split-coil soapbars are coupled with the MK-1 preamp. The 44's and 55's have that deep Lakland cutaway on the high register side of the neck that allows easy access to ALL 22 frets up the neck for throwing licks on top of your grooves.

And we have said it before: 35-inch scale necks make for killer low B's! That is why the low tones on Skyline 5-string basses boom with piano-like clarity!
    The 55-01 At A Glance

Nut Width 1.81”
    Nut Type Plastic
    Fret Size .041/.085”
    Width at Final Fret 3.3”
    1st Fret Neck Depth .81”
    12th Fret Neck Depth .92”
    Fingerboard Radius 10-13” (Compund)
    Scale Length 35”
    Frets 22
    Bridge String Spacing .75”
    Neck Wood Flat-Sawn Rock Maple with Graphite Reinforcement Bars
    Body wood(s) Ash
    Fingerboard Maple with Dots
    Rosewood with Dots
    Fretted or Lined Fretless with side dots
    Tuners Hipshot Tapered Shaft (Optional Hipshot D-Tuner)
    Truss Rod Access Neck Heel: 5/32” Hex
    Pickguard Optional
    Controls Cut and Boost: Bass, Midrange, Treble, Panning-style Pickup Blend Control
    Master Volume (pull for preamp bypass)
    Bridge Lakland Dual Access (through body or through bridge)
    Preamp Bartolini MK-1
    Pickups Bartolini MK-1 split-coil soapbars

This is a really great bass. Bought from the Gallery for £840, I have been the only owner. It's in A1 condition, been gigged a few times, but no major knocks. It has never disappointed in practice or on stage. As well as supplying precision and jazz tones in active and passive, it has a tremendous modern hi-fi tone, great for slap, fingerstyle and tapping - not that I tap much at all though :). The neck is fast, smooth and playing is a breeze. Recently an ex-pro of many years played my Lakland and said it was a fantastic player - and the neck was "divine"! It's not a light bass, but it's not back-breakingly heavy - it's got a little weight to it, which I like. I'm not a fan of throwaway basses that feel like they could blow away at any moment. Three band EQ make this amazingly versatile.
    It boasts a graphite reinforced neck as well!

Reason for selling? I have my sights set on a G&L. Simple as that.

Any questions, email me on mikemcgibney AT gmail DOT com or PM me here.

I'm open to trades but am really after money with this sale! Can't really justify any more instruments! Can ship with Warwick gigbag if needed - no hardcase I'm afraid!

Price is

£500 or nearest offer!

Thanks !!

2. Mike McGibney

Mike McGibney Not impossible ... Inevitable

Apr 13, 2005
    Essex, UK.
  3. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

Cherryburst finish not currently available on the 55-01.