1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Lakland 55-01 Deluxe Spalted Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BananaKing, Jun 23, 2014.

1. BananaKing

BananaKing Supporting Member

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hey everybody! Today, I have a Lakland 55-01 that I’d like to give to a good home.

I’ve just finished working full-time for the last seven months on a cruise ship, playing music in a production show and jazz band. I ended up using this bass as part of my job (my other bass was a similar 55-01 as a backup).

This bass is in good cosmetic condition. Pictures have been posted below with any dings or scratches pointed out. The playability is excellent with very low and even action (The bass has been plek'd) and the bass is equipped with straplocks as well.

There are a thousand soundclips of this bass online, so I didn’t bother posting one. However, let me know if you’d like some and I can post up a few quick soundclips for those of you who are interested.

I currently live in Canada (Vancouver, BC to be exact), but I will ship anywhere, worldwide. I plan on shipping the bass, very well packed, neck and body separated in the same box, with everything included. I’ve sold quite a few basses this way and it makes shipping them cheaper and safer, as you don’t have to worry about fedex or UPS damaging or snapping the neck because of package abuse. Shipping up to $75 has been included in the price (if you live anywhere that pushes the shipping above that, you just pay the difference).

In terms of price, I’m looking for $675.

For trade, let me know what you’ve got. I’m looking almost exclusively for six string basses, but I’m not automatically going to say no to the right four string… just let me know what you’re thinking. I am looking primarily to sell, so the trade would have to be something special. Basses only, please; no amps, preamps, etc... Pedals are actually ok, but would have to be pedal + cash or multiple different pedals.

Thanks for looking!

QKuyZxFl. e05MTsol. oMfw17vl. Mp27rd6l. lZRrRjWl.

2. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    weight and year built please (I'm assuming it's Indonesian)...thanks...

3. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    9.2 pounds, 2013, and yes, Indonesian.

4. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    thank you!

5. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Bump!

6. Boylston

Boylston

Apr 28, 2014
    Is that wear or a finish problem on the neck (last picture)? Or possibly the reflection of the grey floor?

Are you willing to have the instrument inspected by a qualified luthier as a part of the sale?

7. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Hey. It's a reflection of the floor.

Sure, but what would you want to know/how would I go about getting that done?

8. Boylston

Boylston

Apr 28, 2014
    I'd just have my local guy check it out and make sure there's nothing wrong beyond what is dealt with in a normal setup.

9. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    That sounds sensible to me.

10. jady

jady

Jul 21, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    Any interest in an Ibanez SR506? It is pretty much new, I got it in Nov and I just can't get used to the C string.......

11. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I just got rid of one. Great basses, but not interested in that one ATM. Thanks.

Good luck!

12. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    On hold pending payment

13. BananaKing

May 15, 2008
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Sold. Thanks for the interest everyone!