1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland 55-01. Excellent. MIK. Rare Candy Apple Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Ken Lloyd, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Ken Lloyd

Ken Lloyd Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fabulous 5-string active electric bass in excellent condition, with that unbeatable Lakland neck, and a color no longer produced for these Skyline models. Clear and deep Candy Apple Red. Price includes shipping to conus addresses.

This bass may be one of the best playing basses you've ever had in your hands, and that's no exaggeration. Easy to play up and down the fingerboard. Intonation set to right on. Weight is just over 10 lbs.

This is the US designed 2001 Lakland Skyline 55-01, made in Korea, which some consider superior to those same models now made in Indonesia. It is all original....I'm not the first owner so as far as I can tell the bass is all original. It is an active bass (9V battery) and all electronics are fully functional and quite useful.

I recently put on a brand new $50 set of warm sounding, easy to play DR Legend flatwound strings. Great low B string with no flabbiness or floppiness. The useful B string comes mostly from Lakland's unmatched neck design, and the strings help too. (And if you'd prefer D'Addario Chromes, I can put on a lightly used set.)

Also included is a sturdy "hard bag", that is, a case that has a firm rectangular shape, though is not molded or as hard as a hard shell case. Bass fits perfectly; there are some zippered pockets.

If you've wanted a 5-string bass with a usable B string, to get a quality instrument that has a pro set up, with a beautiful finish, and not pay high end prices, consider this one.

No trades. Price is fairly firm as this is a rare beauty to find.
    Price includes shipping to conus addresses, FedEx ground. I'm a fanatic about overpacking.
    Note it is also listed elsewhere and may disappear from TB with no notice.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  2. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    I love this color! Super nice bass and priced right!

3. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nice!

bassguyky48 likes this.
  4. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    very nice

bassguyky48 likes this.
  5. MattB88

MattB88 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Alien Audio Basses, DR Strings, Warm Audio, Shaw Audio
    Wish you were up for trades!

6. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    So I already have too many basses, though I would consider a trade for one of a few of the Lakland 5ers which have jazz style pups like a Dual J or DJ5 or 55-60.

7. catphish

catphish

Feb 25, 2003
    Pm sent

8. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    Sale pending

9. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice. I have one of the first 300 produced and mine has a maple neck. CAR as well. Mine came with Gotoh style tuners. Before they switched to Hipshot Lic.

10. Ken Lloyd

Dec 22, 2004
    Portland, Maine
    And sold to the gracious gentleman in California. It's on the way.