Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 55-01/NTMB $700+shipping OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Fretless5verfan, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Hey all. I have a Lakland 55-01/NTMB here that i need to gets off me hands for some cash towards my Valenti! It's in great shape. No dings or scratches. It has the upgraded USA pre-amp with 4 different switchable mid freq. Awesome Lo-B string (second only to my Roscoe). It's strung with DR Lo-riders. All inquiries welcome.

Here are some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Jong will be thrilled to hear you're joining the Lakland club. :)

4. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
  5. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I came REALLY close to buying this bass, but in the end went with another....only because my smallish hands are not built for 35" scale. Still, a great bass at a great price. Bump for a top notch seller.

6. This is a killer bass folks. I wish I could afford to buy it back right now. This color is no longer available.

[​IMG]

7. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Still available. Price drop to 675+Shipping :bawl:

8. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    One last bump before i give the hell up...i'm snake bit big time these days.

9. Drew, check your PM's. I'm scramblin' and I'd really love to get this one back.

10. Drew, could you try and describe the sound of this one vs, OCBs' 02.

OCB could reply too.

Here's the deal. I play a 25 yr old Peavey T40. I know most here might consider it "WalMarty", but at the time (1979) it BLEW everything else away. ( thinks the Jazz's I was playing at the time were kinda junky).

I like the fat StingRay sound my \Peavey gives me when I just "nose it" into humbucker mode.

Very "piano" like through my little Mesa Scout.

But I'm way GAS'in on a 5'er.

I **think** that OSB's -02 might give me more of that tonality, but no one in Buffalo has any Lakland's to try.

Called back home to Rochester NY,HouseofGuitars, very well stocked and the guy on the phone said the Korean Lak's suck.

Somehow I trust you guys more, anonymously!

I love the color , and the fact that it's less $$ than OCB's 02.

BUT, I've never spent this much on a bass, and its "sight unseen" so I'm hoping you and OCB can shed some light on this LONG DIATRIBE I"M TYPING!!!

Sounds like you and OCB are buds, so I know we can work this out. (I have to come up with some caysh here as well!)

Which Lakland for me??

BTW, I've been totally out of the loop for the last 20 years if'n y'all hadnt gathered by my seemingly adolescent ramblin'. I hestitate to put my toll free work # uphere, but I can PM each of ya tomorrow.

Both Black OR Silver work for me!:)

THNX for the help guys.

11. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    I can't be too helpful in the comparison against OCB's 55-02 (or any 55-02) because i've never gotten the chance to play one. One thing i can tell you though is that the skylines DO NOT suck!! I don't know what that guy was on at the time, but all the skylines (55-01s) i've played have sounded great. Maybe he just had a bad experience with one.

If i had to guess (and i'm sure OCB can clear this up easily) the 55-02 might come closer to giving you the sound you're describing because of the MM style pickup at the bridge. Both the basses have the same pre-amp though being that my 55-01 has the NTMB upgrade.

Either way this'll work out for everyone. I LOVE, and i repeat, LOVE this 55-01 to death and wish i didn't have to sell it at all! :Crying: Oh yea, i found the strings OCB had on this bad boy and i'm tossing them into the deal with case and what not.

BTW: left a voicemail for ya Gene.

12. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I want I want!

13. These two basses are actually pretty similar in tone. The necks, bodies, preamp (since this 55-01 has the NTBM) are all the same - just different pickups. Having owned both, I can tell you that you would be getting a great bass no matter which one you chose. Good luck :)

14. Drew, you are really aiding and abeting my G>A>S ... Have cleared with "bosslady", and will PayPal you through my wife's account; at your ready Sir.

( I'm like outta my skin now you know, I can't wait .... JONESING!!!!!) :hyper:

15. Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    SOLD to BuffaloBass. Shame to see her go, but it's about time lol.

16. STILL JHONESING! UPS man just showed with nothing but documents :bawl: , which is OK since its my girls Bday this weekend and I sure wouldnt want any evidence of my G>A>S> problem to show just yet!

( plus I really messd my left hand up during some training yesterday, it'll be a few days before it can painlessly negotiate a neck! :rollno: )

CAN'T WAIT!!!

JaHONesing in Buffalo......!!!!! :bassist: