Lakland 55-01 on the way!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DWBass, Dec 23, 2004.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Well, I decided to just go ahead and get myself a new bass and bought a Lakland Skyline 55-01 model in 3 tone sunburst and maple fretboard. I've been alternating between my Tobias 'Toby' Deluxe 5 and my Brice Douglas 5 and pretty much got tired of fighting to get good action and decent tone. They've served their purpose but it's time to move on. Probably gonna sell them [among a few other basses]. I also desired wider string spacing [I don't think the Lakland has BTB or MTD like spacing but definitely wider than I've been playing]. I also picked the 55-01 over the 55-02 because I'm not a fan of MM style pickups. Anyway, can I get a 55-01 roll call and comments?
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    The 55-01 is the Lakland that I have really been considering lately. Who knows maybe I'll join you in a few months. What finish did you get? Let us know how you like it! Merry Christmas!
  3. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I think you will like the 55-01, I have a cherryburst one with a maple neck. I actually has very useable tone controls and will give you a bunch of different sounds. Enjoy! :)
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I got it in 3 tone sunburst and a maple fretboard. I'm a huge fan of maple fretboards!!
  5. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Good score!

I'm loving my Glaub.
  6. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Actually the string spacing is the same as the BTBs and MTDs, 19mm @ bridge.

I'm hoping to snag a 55-02 fretless SOON!