Lakland 55-01 or the Schector Elite 5 or Spector

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basstalker, May 31, 2005.

1. basstalker

May 31, 2005
    Lakland 55-01 or the Schector Elite 5 or Spector

Can anyone help me? I can't decide which one of these basses to buy. Which would you choose and why? Sound and playablity are key of course.

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    for what its worth, i like the lakland. but i've never played the latter two, so my opinion is biased.
  3. I have the Lakland 55-01.

I had a Spector (Kramer) back in the late 80's. I was never completely satisfied w/the Spector, I wasn't happy with the neck, I changed the pickups to EMG's but overall the tone was OK, not amazing. Other people's opinions I'm sure will vary to mine as many do like Spector.

Now the Lakland to me is a different story. I'm very satisfied with a stock 55-01, the neck is great, a tiny bit heavy for me but not a major fault. The B-string is excellent. How can you find major faults for $700.00 new. I played a gig last weekend outdoors, brought the Lakland and was totally into it. In a couple blues tunes my band does I'm able to use an open B and it just shook through the stage. lovely feeling.

The only other advice I can give is to try them out, the Lakland may be hard to come by to demo in stores though. Usually GC has the Spector in stock.
  4. DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    myself i can speak about Spector.i love the sound,neck body,comfort and playability. the choice is yours you need to try them out and decide. good luck :bassist: