1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland 55-01, sunburst, maple, NTMB (trade only)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by need4mospd, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    (Found something else...)

This is more of a feeler, but I'm hoping to find someone that has what I want. I'm really only interested in a fretless Lakland 55-01. Not picky on color or fingerboard material. I might entertain other fretless offers, but I'll be honest, I'm gonna wait for a Lakland unless it's a pretty good offer. And if I don't get any offers, I'll just keep it! It's a great backup bass for me, and it works great as a main bass for those "shady" gigs.

Now for my bass;
    It's got that "broken in" feel to it. The hairline scratches, the couple 1/8th inch dings, little wear on the pickups, etc... But it plays just as good as any other Lakland I've played and it comes with the NTMB preamp. The sunburst finish looks great. It's got a versatile sound. I always got compliments on the tone.

Bit of history on it...I got it used on ebay. It came with a rosewood fingerboard. I recently aquired a 55-02 with the maple fingerboard and decided to swap them since I've always prefered rosewood. Nothing wrong with the maple, my rosewood board was just as dinged up as the maple. And the neck swap was so easy, it was an easy choice for me. So it's got a 55-01 body and electronics with a "technically" 55-02 neck, though it's the same as a 55-01 neck. Just thought I'd include that, since it may be important to some. I did go back over it and set it up with the new neck.

If anyone is slightly interested I'll send them detailed pics of the couple dings on it. They don't affect playability for me at all. I might be willing to add cash to the deal if you've got a mint bass, or if you've got the ebony board.

Let me know if you're interested!

2. need4mospd

need4mospd

Dec 22, 2005
    Houston
    bump

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.