1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 55-01 w/Nordstrand DC's and Audere Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DonovanBankhead, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    It is in good condition with a bit of buckle rash and a couple minor dings on the back.

Here are the specs:

• Ash body with a beautiful maple top no longer offered on 55-01’s
    • Tobacco Sunburst Finish
    • New Maple Neck w/Rosewood fingerboard
    • 35” scale with 22 fret positions
    • 19mm spacing at the bridge
    • Upgrade: Nordstrand Dual Coils with an Audere 4 band preamp with Z-switch
    • Coil tap switches for parallel/series and single coil options.
    • Hardshell case included

A little description courtesy of the previous owner:

The control and pickup cavities are shielded with copper tape.

The front of the body is in good condition except for some VERY small nicks near the volume control, and a pair of small nicks on either side of the truss rod slot. None of these dings or scratches break through the finish

Tone controls are: bass, low-mids, high-mids, and treble. The preamp has the 3-position Z-switch. Here\'s how Audere describes the Z-switch:

• High Z-Mode is the sound you'd get when pickup(s) are directly connected to the input of a tube amp, i.e. no tone or volume controls. This very high impedance load produces a bright, lively and aggressive sound.
    • Mid Z-Mode is the traditional and most popular active bass sound, offering solid bass line support.
    • Low Z-Mode is a new sound for the Bass. Deep and driving with unusually low noise and distortion levels.

This is a killer bass, but I've got several custom pieces coming so this one will just sit. It looks better in person (I'd never survive as a photographer :). I'd take $950 obo and I'm open to any interesting trades.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    man that thing looks sweet with those nordies!

3. Oh my God!!! That's a perfect match to mine. I have the same tobacco burst deluxe quilt top and I have Nordstrand Big Singles but with Bartolini 18v NTMB. Dude, these basses are sooo sweet. With the Nordies you can get a range of tones and they're so warm and great for the studio and/or live. It's my main gigging bass now.

SOMEBODY GET THIS QUICK!!!

Here's a pic of mine
    Laklandupgrade1.

4. Rakie

Rakie Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to...

wow, this is literally the bass of my dreams, exactly what I wanted to do with my old Lakland..

If you're up for an interesting trade... I'll trade you my broken 6 string BTB (High C is broken) for it.

:bag:

But on a serious note... I might have to see what I can do to take this off your hands. Im calling first dibs here... Im really wanting it, but I have to consult my bank account.

5. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    PMed you.

6. Rakie

Pm'ed again.

Few last questions.

Consider this pending. :D

7. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Still available, everyone.

8. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    That thing wasn't a fretless in a past life was it? It looks _very_ familiar. Any chance there's a fretless neck with it somewhere?

:)

9. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Oh sure, make me relive my misery. :)
    I bought in on TB, but it was a fretless. Like a dumbass, I paid the seller $175 to install frets. Unfortunately, the neck really wasn't suited for being fretted, and I ended up sinking another $225 for a new neck from Lakland. I should have bought it as it was, bought the new neck, and now I would be selling it with both necks and whoever owned it could have it either way... As it is, the old neck is hanging in my office as wall art. :)

10. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    IMO, that last part is a big omission, especially at that price. I know it has some nice upgrades but that is 55-02 money.

11. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    I'm not sure I understand what you are saying...

12. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    That's a sad tale brother. I'm searching for a fretless right now, but that looks to be one smoking bass that's right for someone. Good luck!

13. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    No offense but omitting the fact that the bass has a non original neck is not a small thing.

Otherwise, very attractive bass, and upgrades.

14. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Really? Why do you think that? It was replaced with a new Lakland neck. I honestly didn't think of it as a detriment. If anything, I thought it was a positive thing, which is why I mentioned in the original post that it has a "New Maple Neck w/Rosewood fingerboard"...

15. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    Not an attempt to flame, derail or anything else....

I agree. A new neck direct from the factory is great BUT, I still believe that know the bass was originally fretless, then modified, then replaced would be a factor.

As it stands, the bass looks fantastic and if I were in the market for this type of bass, I would not hesitate to make an offer. It just struck me as funny that a random post revealed that it was originally fretless.

16. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Never occurred to me... Well, I'm glad this came up then, in case someone else should feel the same as you...

17. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    IMO a direct replacement Lakland neck shouldn't make much of a difference at all. Why? Lakland's quality and consistency is great.

If I had the money to spend, I'd totally pick this bass up, looks killer!

18. DonovanBankhead

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Looks like I've got a deal Pending...

19. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Absolutely. Lakland necks are solid as a rock, I can't imagine that the replacement would be a problem. If anything it means there's no fretwear!

20. Rakie

:crying:

Oh well. If my card went through id not have known people were tampering with my account. I'll miss out on a great bass, but i'll have money for school. Hopefully it'll get resolved within 2-3 weeks as they've said.

GL, hope you get what you want for it !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.