1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 55-01 w/Nordstrand DC's and Audere Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by DonovanBankhead, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The new neck should be a selling factor.

lowsound

2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ditto...not like this is a vintage fender...My 55-02 started off as a fretless and then I sent it back to Lakland to have a fretted neck put on...best decision I ever made. A Lakland neck is a Lakland neck,whether replaced or "original". And a new neck means less wear and tear on it. Big selling point to me. If I had the scratch, I would bag it and not think twice about. sweet bass.

3. How do the new pups and electronics sound compared to the stock pups and pre?

4. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    I can't accurately say, as I wasn't the one that did the upgrades. However, I can tell you that the preamp gives tons of versatility, and the pickups sound great. I bought this bass as an in-between bass. I had sold a Roscoe, and was waiting on m F Basses to arrive (I'm an F Bass dealer), and needed something to play, so I bought this. I really thought for a bit that I might keep the Lakie just 'cause it was so great, but ultimately decided that the F Bass is just so much better that I'd rather play it...

5. Grey, I'll tell you that my 55-01 was a great FITTING bass ( well as I've told Dan the lower horn could be different for sitting down and woodshedding) But the Barts left me wanting. It wouldn't give me a classic 70's j sound for funk, although it was pretty balanced and had decent variability with the USA NTMB pre. BUT, the Nordy's would have changed the bass, likely to the point I'd still own it.

IMHO, this config is MUCH better than the oem Bart setup, although it likely can sound like Barts in the right Z mode.

BTW, the sellser states " NEW NECK" in the original post. Y'all can put your panties back in the drawer, or clean your spectacles with to enable clear reading!

BUMP!

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Wow!
    Groovin' is apparently one of those people that just doesn't have quite enough crap in their life to worry about. :rollno:

Geeez, let's make an issue out of a non-issue.
    You disclosed all the mods (including "new Lakland neck").
    Unless it's a vintage issue, replacement of a part with a new factory (i.e. Better) piece is not a detrament (as Groovin's tone infers). If anything it's a plus.

You did nothing wrong. It's a beautiful bass. Groovin' needs a hobby. :meh:

7. What do all the switches do?

8. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    At worst it's a complete non-issue for anyone seriously interested in this bass. It's a Lakland neck on a Lakland bass.

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Abso "F'n" lutely!!! :D

10. OK, OK the neck shouldn't be an issue, Now, what do all the switches do?

11. Aarix

Aarix

May 19, 2006
    Raleigh, NC
    Coil taps for each of the pickups and the audere specialty Z-mode switch. This bass has more sounds than Michael Winslow (the police academy guy).

12. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    Pm...sent...

13. DonovanBankhead

DonovanBankhead Banned Commercial User

Aug 25, 2001
    Springfield, MO
    Owner - FretSpot.com; Vice President - Springfield Music
    That was hilarious!

Thanks for all the support and interest guys, this bass is SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.