Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 55-01

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Hollow Man, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    SOLD

Howdy folks, it's time for my Lakland 55-01 to find a new home. It's been good to me, but a few recent purchases have necessitated that I move an item or two.

This 55-01 has a maple neck and fretboard, as well as the cherry sunburst that I believe has been discontinued on the non-Deluxe models. It has the standard Bartolini MK-1 three-band preamp which can be bypassed by pulling out the volume knob. It really is a beautiful bass, and the ash body has a lot of nice figuring that can clearly be seen beneath the sunburst.

It's been very well taken care of, and has no flaws or dings to speak of. It's a veteran of a few jam sessions (nothing more), and has always played and sounded fantastic. The low B is killer, and all the strings have wonderful clarity.

I'm looking for $500 shipped insured to lower 48. Price is negotiable, and includes OHSC. I've included one pic (forgive the fingerboard smudges; those will be cleaned), but more can be taken on request. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

2. No trades, I expect?

3. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Eh... I don't think so, but go ahead and take a shot... you might surprise me.

4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    pm sent

5. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    All PM's replied to.

In response to this comment in a PM (which was entirely justified; I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the first thing about photography), I'd like to reiterate that there are no blemishes, dings, scratches, holes, bruises, bumps, gunshot wounds or measles on this instrument. Also in response to some PM'ed requests, I've taken some more pics, which I hope are of better quality. If anyone would like more/different/specific pics, please feel free to ask.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the last pic, what looks like smudges on the neck is actually some light figuring in the rock maple... the neck is quite beautiful for 'just' a maple neck, and as you can see on the front and back, there's a decent amount of figuring in the ash body as well. Suffice it to say that this bass is not being sold for lack of aesthetic appeal! :)

6. The Clap

The Clap

Jan 5, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    PM Sent - sorry if you got more than one of the same

7. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    This and all other PM's replied to. :)

8. pm sir!

9. Hollow Man

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Bass has been sold. Thanks for all interest!