Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lakland 55-01

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dougray, Oct 14, 2002.

1. dougray

dougray Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    hello, j ust got me a lakland 55-01 today by way of ups, i got the 3tone sunburst with rosewood fretboard, i noticed that it has the usa hipshot tuners and usa bridge, and also on the battery box it says"fishman" it does have the bartolini mk pickups. is it possible i maybe got a "first run" series? when i called around about these they said it comes with "made in korea" tuners/bridge? and bartolini pre-amp? has anyone have a simialr bass as what i have? or did i get lucky? with the upgrades? thanx...

2. AFAIK, they now come with the hipshot tuners, but they arent made in the U.S. They allways have come with a Bartolini preamp, but it is an import one, and all of the 55-01's and 55-02's have the fishman battery compartments. I don't even think that the U.S. Laklands have battery compartments. You got the normal one. look on www.basscentral.com they have many pictures of the basses. The first shipment of them had the different tuners, but the new ones have the new hipshot liscensed ones.

jtbp

3. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    ,on the tuners it says"hipshot usa" and i was told if the bridge saddles have the "brushed" chrome?" look that its also made in usa? thnx for reply..

4. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I also recieved my 55-01 today. I am very very very impressed with it's sound, appearance, playability etc. It's got a cherry sunburst quilted top and a rosewood fretboard- Beautiful! I highly reccomend this bass, it is an excellent buy.

5. dougray

Apr 16, 2002
    western maryland
    oh no doubt this bass kicks a** i have no problems at all with sound/tone ,out of the box all it needed was tuned and bam i was jamming away :D ,thnx..

6. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I love my 55-01, but I did get the preamp upgraded to the American Bart... I had to send the bass back to Lakland to get a pup replaced that had gone out... anyway, the preamp that comes stock in the bass is really cool... the american preamp is just super cool above that! it really smooths out the sound a bit, and I was really not disappointed at all.... it is really worthwhile to check out!

P@

7. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    i think you got one of the newer ones with the hipshot tuners- they upgraded those for this new run- so you did get lucky- congrats!