Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

lakland 55-02 5 string bass???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metalbob, Oct 18, 2004.

1. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    just wondering if anybody owns or has played one of these babies???? I am thinking about getting one and I am just looking for some good advice from tbf thanx

2. bass_man86

bass_man86

Apr 29, 2002
    Virginia Beach
    I own a 55-01 and I am extremely happy wih it. I understand that the 55-02 is a bith better. Get it!

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I love mine. It is buy far the best bang for your buck bass in that price range. FANTASTIC INSTRUMENT.

4. metalbob

metalbob

Aug 2, 2004
    so california
    :hyper: :hyper: thanx now im really thinking about it !!!!!!!!

5. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I'm not a big fan of "Fender/MM style" basses, but a friend has one of these that I've sat in and played on, several times, and it plays and sounds so good that I've been heavily considering getting one.

If you're not in a big hurry and can spend some time shopping, they can be had quite cheap. I had a Maple top with Maple board 55-02 offered to me for $600 a year or so ago and I now really regret not picking it up, but I've seen others for about the same price (but not as nice color/wood combo) over the last year.