1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD ***Lakland 55-02 Deluxe Korea*** Upgrades. Local Austin Sale $845 or Trade

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Bonafide, Aug 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bonafide

Bonafide Rodney Gene Junior Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    *** SOLD*** Lakland Bass 55-02 deluxe model. Made In Korea. Excellent Condition.

Bass plays and sounds amazing. Tonally it has too many options for me. I do not slap, pop, harmonic or rock, just finger bass. I am looking for classic jazz tones right now with less flexibility. It has been setup with low-action, straight neck, perfect intonation and upgraded electronics.

Upgraded with Bartolini NTMB 5.2 A/P preamp. Preamp was just bought this week from Dennis at the Bass Place in order to bring the bass close to original but with the added mids and upgraded pre.

Comes with Active/Passive Push/Pull Vol. Switch / Push-Pull dual mid selector, mids, highs, lows, blend, pickup switching on bridge musicman style pickup between single coil neck, dual hum in series, single coil bridge.

Weight: 9.4 lbs

Bass has new strings.

I am looking for a local sale if possible...first.[/B] Trades may be different. I am willing to ship for the right bass. (expect more for trade value) For trades looking for 4 string jazz basses (blocks and binding) unless it is a Lakland DJ5.

Thank you.

2. luesak86

luesak86

Oct 10, 2011
    PM'd

3. WOW, thats a great top!!!

4. Beautiful bass!

5. DubSound

DubSound

Sep 2, 2010
    Kansas City
    PM'd

6. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Artist for: Nick Silver Pickups, Free The Tone Effects, Carr Amplifiers, PG Music BIAB, Ethos OD +
    Have had a few offers to buy (from out of town)... but only one trade offer so far. Looking for Jazz basses / Blocks and Binding. Run by me what you have. ;)

This Lakland is beautiful, even birdseye all along the neck.

7. jonmerickson

jonmerickson

Jan 26, 2011
    Katy, TX
    Pm'd

8. ethanbowen666

ethanbowen666

Jan 8, 2011
    Bassist, shadowseerband.com
    MTD Kingston 4-string fret less?

9. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    All PMs replied to: Looks like I may be shipping this bass soon if it is not picked up locally. Still looking for trades on J-basses with blocks/binding.

Thank you!

10. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Still looking for...Lakland DJ4 or similar. Lots of offers to ship the bass for cash. Still waiting a bit more for local sale or for the right jazz trade.

Thank you and bless you!

11. Bonafide

Oct 15, 2002
    Austin
    Gone~

12. I used to have one exactly like this only with a maple board! Excellent basses!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.