1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 55-02 Deluxe LE Amber 2007

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RSalvador, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSalvador

RSalvador Lakland 44-94 - Markbass LMT 800 - Schroeder 1212L

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    For sale only. Trans Amber finish, Lakland pickups and pre, Duncan straploks. About 10LBS according to bathroom scale. 20mm string spacing, 35” scale length.

Bass sold to me on this forum by original owner, on the following post.
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=386988

I’ve since decided to let it go. It has the tightest punchy B I’ve ever heard. The sound is punchy and defined which really sits in a live mix well. Action is set low and the neck profile is a dream to play all the way up the neck. I love it, especially the way it sounds and plays but need to liquidate some basses.

It’s still in the same near mint condition with one exception. Over the winter during the dry weather the fret ends can be felt as the neck wood has contracted some. I emailed Lakland and they said it was common, that the fret ends need to be dressed. A simple job for a tech. I thought about trying it but decided against it.

$1000 shipped to the CONUS. Sorry, can only ship to the lower 48.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Bump for a great bass!!!! I LOVE mine!!!!

you will not regret buying it!!!

3. i am interested in purchasing........but am new to talkbass........pls advise how i can contact you......thx keith.......

4. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I miss mine so much. :bawl:

Whoever gets this is a lucky bassist!

5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Bump for a beautiful bass and a great TBer!

Anyone looking for a killer 55-02D should jump on this one! This color was a limited special run in 2007. You can't get one of these anywhere else.

6. Oh No!!! Here's that same bass that gave me big time G.A.S. the last time it was up for sale, and Oh No! Here come those same feelings I had the last time this bass was up for sale.

Bumping this so someone can take this away from me. :help:

7. mophead

mophead Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    What is the cost to dress the frets?

8. RSalvador

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    I have not had it quoted on this bass. Last time I had it done on another bass it was done along with adding a new nut. I think the nut was $50 and the fret edges was $25 and was described on the ticket as softening the fret edges. I'm sure it costs different prices around the country. PM me if you are interested and we can work something out.

9. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I doubt that the frets need to be dressed. This happens in the winter time to every non-graphite bass I've ever owned, and this winter has been particularly dry. IMO this is just the seller being extra specific in the spirit of full disclosure. This is a crazy delicious deal by the way, I hadn't noticed the price before now.

10. Fixitinpost

Fixitinpost Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Massachusetts
    I have this exact bass (the one that msquared used to own, actually), and can understand why he misses it ;). Great bass! Free bump.

11. RSalvador

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    Sold pending payment details.

12. RSalvador

Nov 19, 2005
    Springfield, MO
    And closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.