1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 55-02 Fretless USA Barts Case Light Weight

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kshipley1, Nov 25, 2017.

1. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Price:
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    Just purchased locally, but didn't take long to realize I am not a 5 stringer or fretless player anymore. Emotional purchase because I know the great seller and knew the bass. This is a 2006 (Korean) Lakland 55-02 Fretless with USA Bartolini pickups & preamp.
    This has a rare Ebony fingerboard and it was coated with polyurethane by Pat Wilkins. Several years ago I had a US MTD fretless that Pat had coated the fretboard on and it felt and sounded soooo good, that 4 of us sent fretless necks off to Pat to have boards coated. This was one of those great basses.
    Jeanie's Pickguard and jazz bass knobs. Classic look. This bass growls and has mwah for days. The coated board really sings. Very versatile bass due to the Bartolini Jazz and Dual coil pickups and preamp. Every thing about this bass is amazing, it truly is one of a kind. Will ship in a hardshell case. Hard case is overall good shape, except for a separation in the covering that could be glued down & a couple dings. The bass is in great condition with the usual fine swirls from polishing and fine swirls around the knobs. There is a very small ding on the backside edge near the control cover. It's not visible due to blending in with the deep black finish.
    Fantastic tone, great fretless and early Lakland quality at a nice weight. Balances really well. I'm just not a 5 stringer or fretless player these days.
    Weight is 9.28 lbs
    Possible trades (+/- cash): Semi-hollow bass- Gibson Midtown, D'Angelico Ex, Guild M85, Warwick Rockbass Star Bass, Gibson LesPaul ES bass, Guild Starfire II
    Price is a very reasonable $975 + $20 shipping, USA & Canada (slight shipping upcharge for Canada).
    Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
    basspedaler, Burwabit and nervous like this.
  2. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Just added possible trades:possible trades (+/- cash): Semi-hollow bass- Gibson Midtown, D'Angelico Ex, Guild M85, Warwick Rockbass Star Bass, Gibson LesPaul ES bass, Guild Starfire II

3. kshipley1

Nov 22, 2010
    Denver
    Lowered price, found another 4 stringer I want;)

4. PM sent