1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lakland 55-02 pickguards???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djphil, Mar 22, 2004.

1. I'm getting a natural 55-02, and want either a black or white pickguard, but I heard that Lakland doesn't sell them separately, and that also for whatever reason the -94 model's pickguards don't fit on the '-02's. Can anyone validate this claim, or is it just heresay? Also, know of anywhere where I can get one?
    Also, for a maple/natural finish, white or black pickguard?

2. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Lakland gets them from Jeannie Pickguards...they can do one quickly....no problem at all!
    I just put a Jeannie PG on my natural/rosewood 44-02...I LOVE the look! I got a white pearl guard, and it makes the bass look great!! I've never liked black guards. so YMMV, but try the white pearl...I think you'll REALLY like the look!

3. Awesome. I actually wanted a pearloid in the first place... that or white. I never really dug the black. Do you have a link to their site? Thanks.

4. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I don't...I got mine from Lakland directly. That's where they get them.
    Try doing a search online or through TB...I'm sure I've seen a link before here.

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    If those are your only choices, with a maple neck I would go for white, the black will contrast too much. But the white will be boring. I would try at least a perloid or something with colour or pattern in it. Tortoise would probably look good. With a rosewood fingerboard/natural body, it is required by law that you use a black pickguard ;)

6. Yeah, I checked out the EB/MM site, and did a pearloid/tort comparison on a Natural/maple MM4, and both looked great. I'll get one or the other... I just can't decide which!!!

7. I found it by search. Thanks.

How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking??

8. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    30 bugs...