Lakland 55-02 pickguards???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by djphil, Mar 22, 2004.

1. I'm getting a natural 55-02, and want either a black or white pickguard, but I heard that Lakland doesn't sell them separately, and that also for whatever reason the -94 model's pickguards don't fit on the '-02's. Can anyone validate this claim, or is it just heresay? Also, know of anywhere where I can get one?
    Also, for a maple/natural finish, white or black pickguard?
  2. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    Lakland gets them from Jeannie Pickguards...they can do one problem at all!
    I just put a Jeannie PG on my natural/rosewood 44-02...I LOVE the look! I got a white pearl guard, and it makes the bass look great!! I've never liked black guards. so YMMV, but try the white pearl...I think you'll REALLY like the look!
  3. Awesome. I actually wanted a pearloid in the first place... that or white. I never really dug the black. Do you have a link to their site? Thanks.
  4. jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Suzhou, China
    I don't...I got mine from Lakland directly. That's where they get them.
    Try doing a search online or through TB...I'm sure I've seen a link before here.
  5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    If those are your only choices, with a maple neck I would go for white, the black will contrast too much. But the white will be boring. I would try at least a perloid or something with colour or pattern in it. Tortoise would probably look good. With a rosewood fingerboard/natural body, it is required by law that you use a black pickguard ;)

6. Yeah, I checked out the EB/MM site, and did a pearloid/tort comparison on a Natural/maple MM4, and both looked great. I'll get one or the other... I just can't decide which!!!
  7. I found it by search. Thanks.

How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking??