1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland 55-02, Thoughts

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Oct 25, 2018.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    How do the TB pros feel about the Lakland 55-02? I'm very close to two Guitar Center's and one Sam Ash music stores in my area, but none of those stores carry Lakland Basses - unless they get a used one in. Until I can get to a store that sells them, I'd like to know what the TB guys (that have/had one), think about this Lakland 55-02? Of course I like the way that it looks, but the only time I've actually heard one, was on YouTube videos, and in the majority of the videos, the Bass sounds really good, sounds like a very versatile Bass. I also like the fact that it has a 35 in scale and claims to have a really tight sounding B string, and the pricing isn't too too bad. So what do you guys think? Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
  2. I've had a 55-01 and a 55-02. I would spend the few hundred extra for an 02. Great bass and versatile.

madjazzbass likes this.
  3. DuncanStan

DuncanStan

Dec 16, 2015
    It's been my main bass for almost 10 years. Love it a lot. I've used it for rock, pop, jazz, metal, funk, folk, blues and tons of musical theater. There is very little it can't do. And it's PUNCHY.