Lakland 55-02 vs. 55-94

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazz5757, Sep 20, 2004.

1. I need a "jack-of-all-trades" kind of fiver for my stable and I'm figuring the Laklands are a good choice (though I have a secret yearning for a Roscoe!). About 2 years ago I briefly owned a 55-01 that was nice, but overall I wasn't greatly impressed. I'll probably make the trek from St. Louis to Chicago to make the comparison for myself but wondered what your take is on comparing the 55-02 to the 55-94. I spotted one on the BassCentral website that I really's a 55-02 Deluxe in three-tone sunburst with a rosewood neck. I'm not even sure what the differences are between the Deluxe and the standard 55-02, but the Deluxe's are about $200 higher at $1259....not a bad price for Lakland quality and considering the high resale of the 55-94's approaching 2k. Any comparisons you can make or general thoughts are greatly appreciated...thanks! :)
  2. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    The difference is the deluxe finish, ie the Quilted maple,,, which Lakland stopped putting on thier Skyline series this next year...

I've never seen a 55-94, so I can't tell you the difference between one, or an 02... I do really like my 55-01 Deluxe tho.