Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 55-02 vs. 55-94

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazz5757, Sep 20, 2004.

1. I need a "jack-of-all-trades" kind of fiver for my stable and I'm figuring the Laklands are a good choice (though I have a secret yearning for a Roscoe!). About 2 years ago I briefly owned a 55-01 that was nice, but overall I wasn't greatly impressed. I'll probably make the trek from St. Louis to Chicago to make the comparison for myself but wondered what your take is on comparing the 55-02 to the 55-94. I spotted one on the BassCentral website that I really like...it's a 55-02 Deluxe in three-tone sunburst with a rosewood neck. I'm not even sure what the differences are between the Deluxe and the standard 55-02, but the Deluxe's are about $200 higher at $1259....not a bad price for Lakland quality and considering the high resale of the 55-94's approaching 2k. Any comparisons you can make or general thoughts are greatly appreciated...thanks! :)

2. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    The difference is the deluxe finish, ie the Quilted maple,,, which Lakland stopped putting on thier Skyline series this next year...

I've never seen a 55-94, so I can't tell you the difference between one, or an 02... I do really like my 55-01 Deluxe tho.