1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Lakland 55-94 Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ted burik, Jan 24, 2021.

1. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    SOLD: 1998 Lakland 55-94 Classic

Recently picked up here in trade, a beautiful Lakland 55-94 Classic. A wonderful example of an older 55-94 with the killer Bartolini pickup/preamp combo coupled with an Ash body/Birds-Eye Maple board. This bass has aged well-its tone just cuts through brilliantly and the neck plays like a dream.

Sports a unique aftermarket custom carbon-fiber paint job with a cool embedded racing design! Bass is in good condition for its age with small scratches here and there that I tried to capture in photos. Will ship in a sturdy Fender hard shell case. Only selling as I can't make a 35 inch scale any more.

Specs
    35" scale
    22 frets / 19mm string spacing / bone nut
    Ash body / Birds-Eye Maple fingerboard
    Quarter-sawn Rock Maple neck
    Fingerboard radius 10-13" (compound) / Nut width 1.81"
    Lakland dual access bridge (through body or through bridge)
    Bartolini j pickup & MM pickup
    Bartolini preamp: vol/blend/bass/mid/treble/coil tap switch
    Internal switch for mid freq 250/500/700/850
    Approx. 9lbs
    S/N 5460

Priced for quick sale at $1895 OBO shipped CONUS/Paypal OK. Only trades I would consider would be for a Bergantino NXT112 or NXT210 plus cash, or a GK MB115 plus cash. Happy to answer any questions here; please PM me with any offers. Thanks for looking!

IMG_6202.jpeg IMG_6207.jpeg IMG_6208.jpeg IMG_6209.jpeg IMG_6210.jpeg IMG_6212.jpeg IMG_6213.jpeg IMG_6215.jpeg IMG_6219.jpeg IMG_6223.jpeg IMG_6228.jpeg IMG_6229.jpeg IMG_6233.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    Fred312b and jebmd like this.
  2. cambio2

cambio2

Nov 29, 2003
    colorado
    Is the paint job original Lakland from factory? if not then who did it? thanks

3. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Thanks for the question, cambio2. I've put in a PM to the previous owner and an email to Lakland to confirm the origins of the finish. I'll update the ad when I know more. Either way, it's a great looking unique finish that to my eyes appears perfectly executed:thumbsup:

4. cambio2

cambio2

Nov 29, 2003
    colorado
    thank you! hopefully you'll find out soon.

ted burik likes this.
  5. ted burik

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Just received from Brian Gingrich at Lakland-you gotta love the Lakland service!

"5460 left here with a translucent white finish, so one of its previous owners must have had it refinished at some point."

So it looks like a very well executed aftermarket finish. I'm curious myself to find out more...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021