Lakland 55-94 Color ...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gabro4, May 20, 2004.

1. Blue

31 vote(s)
  2. Natural

49 vote(s)
  3. Cherry Sunburst

52 vote(s)
  1. gabro4

Mar 28, 2003
    I've reserved my new gear, a Lakland 55-94 Cherry Sunburst Quilted maple top and maple neck.

What is your personal prefered color for this model : Blue, Natural or Cherry Sunburst ?
  2. natrab

Dec 9, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I like the natural. Especially with the maple fb.
  3. Blue. Looks sexy with the maple fingerboard. :eyebrow:
  4. Thumper

Thumper Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2000
    Layton, UT
    I've got a natural, blonde fretboard, even with a plain top it's sexy.
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

:mad: lifted those pics from my work website, didn'ja?

I'm all about the blue, I got the blue standard on our website, it's smokin' in person.

6. Gard's blue bass is, indeed, a beaut. But I gotta vote for the natural.. really shows off that top.
  7. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Huh, I really can't stand a maple FB, w/ a natural body... no color or contrast,,, looks bland to me... Granted, I love a natural body, but its gotta be rosewood.

HOWEVER, if you gotta go w/ a maple fb, that blue looks damn sweet, IMHO....
  8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dave -

If my baby were a deluxe (maple top), I'd agree completely. However, since it's a standard, I think it's a great choice. Like McHack said, the natural/maple is a bit me personally, not enough contrast. But natural/rosewood is killer.

My favorite deluxe combo for a maple is Amber/Maple....SCHWING!...just enough color to set the body off from the fingerboard, but light enough to really show off the quilt.
  9. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I like the natural.
  10. JohnThomasson

JohnThomasson Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Mesa Boogie, DR Strings, Fender, Source Audio & Fishman
    I just got a Tobacco Sunburst 55-94 w/maple fb with a really nice quilt two days ago, but I voted for the blue of those three. I am usually a rosewood FB guy, but I decided to get something different for me.
  11. Oh, no doubt. With a non-figured top, blue is clearly the best choice outta those three! :bassist:
  12. vene-nemesis

vene-nemesis Banned

Jul 17, 2003
    Bilbao España
    Natural, the other colors make that top a little crappy the sumburst on maple top laklands is a good option too.
  13. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool: Of the three above.
    Blue, or Cherry Sunburst
  14. Ditto, it's saweeeeeeeeeet!

15. ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    I have a natural 55-94 with the maple board so which one do you think I'm going to vote for? :bassist:
  16. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    Since there was no choice for the Tealburst finish I voted for the natural finish. I am a huge fan of blue but if it is too dark, it would hide the beautiful quilt maple top. As far as the controversy over natual finish with a maple fb, on the Deluxe model Lakland, the color of the natural maple top is darker than the fb.
  17. Natural would be my first choice and I have always though lakland does a great cherry burst so that would be my second choice.
  18. Saw Tori Amos on TV, her (excellent, btw) bassist was playing the blue Lakland. They say the camera adds ten pounds... whatever, the blue Lakland was hot like a supermodel's @$$.

19. I hate sunburst. Blue owns them all!!~