1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Lakland 55 94 Limited Edition Burl Top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by davidjbass, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well I just got the word from the back doctor and he told me I need to lighten the load. So Sadowsky here I come. Up for sale is my beloved Lakland 55 94 with a Burl Top with a rosewood board. As you may know these basses are being made in a very limited run. Here are the specs:

55 94
    Burl Top
    Ash body
    35" scale
    Rosewood fingerboard
    Lakland pickups and electronics
    Cream Lakland case
    9lbs on my digital scale

I am the second owner of this bass and it has been very well taken care of.

The bass and the case are in mint condition. The bass has got to have the best action of any bass I have ever owned. Nice and low. It balances nicely. The Lakland pickups and electronics can get a wide variety of sounds. The B string is nice and tight and one of the best in the business IMO.

Payment to be made by U.S. Postal Money Orders ONLY!
    Sorry NO PAYPAL! NO TRADES.

I want $2,500.00 plus shipping. That is what I paid for it less than a year ago.

This is a bass that will only go up in value because they are so rare. Thanks for checking it out.

See pic below.

2. A close up pic.

3. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    David:

SWEET bass! sorry about your back! 9 lbs is too much huh? that stinks.....maybe you need to play sitting down like me (boring but at least my back is safe).....wish I could take that off your hands.......

I agree - very rare and bound to go up in value!

Peace:

Doug

4. Thanks Doug. Yes it is a real bummer but you do what you got to do. When I had my Dingwall Afterburner I 5 string it weighed 8.4 lbs and I remember I had no issues with my back at all. I thought that 9 lbs wouldn't be a problem when I bought the Lakland but I guess I was wrong. The Sadowsky I am going to buy is 7.6 lbs. Anyways bump for the day.

5. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    WOW! That buckeye burl top is just amazing!

Too bad you have to sell it and too bad I cant buy it! :(
    Those tops are some of the most drop-dead gorgeous I have EVER seen.

Good luck finding a good home for her!

6. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Hey man, good luck with the sale. That's a stunning bass.

As something to consider, I would imagine that Dan Lakin would work with you to build a light bass if you're willing to pony up for a US model (which you clearly are, owning a bass like this). Not to knock your plan to switch to Sadowsky, but knowing that Dan is really willing to work with customers who are ordering a US bass, it seems like maybe you'd want to give that a try. I only say that because a Sadowsky is a big tonal departure from the Lakland, and I know that it would really kill me to have to not only give up a bass that I love but also a tone that I love just to save a pound or less.

Just my $0.02.

7. Thanks Hallow man for the advice. I didn't even consider that option. I will have to look into, that but seeing how I need to get a lighter bass ASAP (I gig every week) I have to get something quick. I would have to order a Lakland and that would take a few months to get. Love your avatar by the way. Evil monkey rules.

8. Bump

9. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    That has to be the nicest Lakland I have ever seen. Nice one!

10. Thank you. Bump for the day.

11. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs

Wow! 7.6 lbs...has to be the lightest bass I have heard of lately....

FYI - these burled tops are VERY rare and are only made for one dealer...the dealer has a bass sales person who finds the wood and send it to Dan and the gang to make these basses so you are not likely to find many of them.....

wish I had the cash - I would convert it to one heck of a fretless!

best wishes!!

12. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    PM sent

13. I think I have found a strap that will help me with my shoulder and neck issue. So I am pulling this bass off the market for now to see how it works out. Thanks for the offers and who knows maybe it will be back.

14. closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.