1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

lakland 55-94 nickel strings??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by timmarks, Apr 4, 2006.

1. timmarks

timmarks Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'Addario, Mesa
    I'm looking for nickel rounds for my 55-94....
    what are you all using??
    i use d'addario 50-105 or 45-105 on 4's---what's a good medium gauge nickel set that will fit the long scale???
    maybe I should just order from Lakland direct--has anyone done that???
    thanks a lot for the help

2. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    If you want to keep using D'Addarios, and you want to string thru the body, you should be able to order Superlong versions of the gauges you want at your favorite local shop, just add the suffix 'SL' to the set that you want.

That being said, I'm on a bit of a DR kick recently, and I'm wanting to try nickel Lo Riders on my 55-02. I had a set of steel Lo Riders on it and I thought they were the best steel strings I ever tried. In fact, they were the only steel strings I ever liked, so I'm really looking forward to trying the nickels.

3. timmarks

timmarks Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, D'Addario, Mesa
    cool--i looked around and it seemed like they didn't offer my usual gauges in super long---but I'll ask the guys at the store. That's why I made this post--it didn't seem like it should be this hard to find nickel rounds in a normal gauge to fit 35" scale.....