Lakland 55-94 Owners

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Ric Vice, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I would like to know of anyone, who has found strings other that Lakland Custom and DR Handwounds that will fit the US Lakland 55-94 Five Strings. I recently tried a set of "36" Super Long Scale Tomastick Jazz Bass Flatwounds only to discover that the B string was to short to be passed through the body. Since I'm primarily a Double Bass player, what I would like to find is a coated string i.e Elixir or Half Round String l.e. De Addario
    half round that will fit the Lakland passing through the body and have a less abrasive surface texture.

2. nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK

Bump, I'm curious as well.
  3. murphy

murphy Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Yes yes The DR longneck B taper fits through the body, no problem..
    The regular DR B's all fit through the body, but do sound dead to me compared to the other strings
  4. Do a little searching, I started the same thread just a short while ago and made a short list of strings that I found that are long enough to string through the body and have a tapered B string.

So far I ordered some strings by La Bella and Fodera.

What you should be looking for in scale is 38", it is usually listed as "extra long"
    If you can do without the tapered B, you will have a lot more to choose from.
  5. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Elixer.............. medium gauge.............Extra longs

I have them on my 55-02 right now. They fit fine.