Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland 55-94 w/gigbag

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mgmadian, May 14, 2005.

1. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Lakland 55-94 5-string in excellent condition. Bartolini pups + preamp, Burst finish, birdseye maple board. One tiny nick on the headstock (barely visible) but other than that this one's in fanstastic shape. Includes high-quality Lakland gig bag (I think these are made by Undercover).

Specs:

* Ash body with burst finish
    * Quartersawn Birdseye Maple neck + board
    * Bartolini pups (Musicman + Jazz) and preamp
    * Controls: Volume, Blend, Bass/Mid/Treble cut and boost, selector switch for rear pup
    * Weight: Don't have an exact figure, but it's pretty darn light
    * Includes original Lakland gig bag

Plenty of pics found here.

$1,625 plus shipping from 94070. I prefer Paypal, but BidPay and Money Orders are also OK. Feel free to contact with any questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hkfat9

hkfat9

Sep 13, 2004
    hi,do u mind shipping it to Hong Kong?thx so very much. :hyper:

3. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    No problem... US Postal Service will be the best bet: Insured Air Shipping with Return Receipt will take 4-10 days and cost $152 USD.

4. brunobass

brunobass Supporting Member

May 30, 2002
    NYC
    how much to ship to new york city?
    what guarantees do i have that this is legit?
    can i speak to you by phone?
    thanks

5. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    $42 via insured UPS Ground, will take about 5 days.

Guarantees? You mean my big cheesy smile, plaid polyester jacket and cheap cologne don't inspire confidence by themselves? :D My ebay ID is mgmadian (same as here), should you wish to check the feedback.

Feel free to give me a call at (415) 307-6073.

6. hkfat9

hkfat9

Sep 13, 2004
    thx a lot! I'll hv to chk my Paypal acc if it needed upgrade or not for this amount of money.C U :hyper:

7. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    FWIW guy's.....I've done bidness with greg in the past and it went just fine. I wouldn't hesitate to do so again and....if that thing get's any cheaper I'm on it because it's been bugging me for a couple of weeks now.

So, if you want it go for it quick because I'm itching.

8. brunobass

May 30, 2002
    NYC
    hi greg
    is your lakland still available?
    jeff
    nyc

9. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yessir, it's still waiting to find out where its new home will be! Feel free to PM/call/email/send smoke signals with any Qs...

10. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks! Is this Steve from FL? If so, still diggin' yer Acmes? That LowB II was a great cab, I eventually decided that my ears gravitate towards more of the "colored cabinet" sound...

...dang, just derailed my own thread...

11. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    thats me greg. I'm still loving all my acme stuff. I couldn't remember if I got an acme or a eden box from you but I new it was a straight up deal.

I really don't want anything but my sadowsky but..what i do follows what goes on in Nashville pretty closely and Laklands are the new darling on the block up there. I'm starting to get inquiries about having a lakland so...I guess I'm gonna have to get a lakland or lose some work here soon.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    In addition to the Sadowsky, or a replacement? If your Sadowsky goes up for sale, it is MINE!!!

-Mike

13. I can also vouch for Greg; in addition to being an excellent guy to make a deal with, he's a helluva nice guy with some amazing bass skills. It's just a shame he had to languish for four years at that little liberal arts school in DC... :D

Jason

14. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Jason! Hope things are goin' well in LA (the state)... I'll tell ya: my french frying skills are soooo much better now than they would've been without that liberal arts stuff...! :D

15. mgmadian

mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Looks like this one is to be considered as "SOLD!". Thanks Jeff C out in NYC! (hey, it rhymes...) who has a MO making it's way across country as we speak.

16. brunobass

May 30, 2002
    NYC
    Greg
    bass arrived today and i'm thrilled! everything i was looking for
    many thanks for the way this deal went down-1st class !
    and best with the new baby
    jeff