1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland 55-94

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by eqvolvorama, Mar 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. eqvolvorama

eqvolvorama Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Price:
    Strings:
    Older era Lakland 55-94 Deluxe Sunburst for sale. Bartolinis, NTMB pre-amp, original G&G HSC, strung with TI Flats that haven't seen much playing time.

Serial number dates it to 2009, but I'm pretty sure it's an older body attached to the neck. One piece of evidence is a well-plugged hole in the body that represents (I believe) a shift in the bolt pattern of the necks over the years.

Plays great, sounds great. Great frets. It just needs to be played.

Prior for sale link is at SOLD - Lakland 55-94 Deluxe

1600 shipped, and I like PayPal a lot!

Dan

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    o.khryp, Fred312b, jmain and 2 others like this.
  2. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Have you contacted Lakland about the neck/body? If they did a replacement neck they should have records of that.

Very interested.

3. mtc918

mtc918

Aug 12, 2013
    Buffalo, NY
    Are you interested in any trades?

4. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Price drop.

5. eqvolvorama

Dec 11, 2000
    Arlington, Virginia
    Price drop!

6. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    So I ended up buying this bass and it is really great! Hardly a scratch on it. And the neck is fantastic! Typical of Lakland! I contacted Leo @Lakland and inquired about the neck and bass in general. Leo told me they have no records for the bass. So it is an orphan, of sorts. Based on what I know, I have a 1997 55-94, it is likely a first generation body. The pickups and preamp are exactly the same as my 1997, Bartolini NBMT and Bartolini pickups. Somewhere down the line something happened to the neck...maybe it got broken, maybe it warped, maybe it was swapped, who knows? The serial number, 7254, indicates it was replaced around 2009. So just for kicks, I inquired about having a neck made for it, Rosewood fb, blocked and bound, but that might be cost prohibitive at $1400! For now, it is a super nice player that I'm going to enjoy!