1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Lakland 5501, Korean, Maple, CAR, Upgrades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by superiorpine, Dec 2, 2017.

1. superiorpine

superiorpine Superiorpine Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Price:
    $635.00
    Strings:
    Korean 5501 with James Demeter BEQp-1 onboard preamp and Reed James JR Neo soabbars. Eectronics professionally installed Links at end of posts.

Just back from a professional set up with GHS Custom flats, very smooth strings, nice action. Between 10 and 10.5 pounds, based on two luggage scales that did not quite agree.

Overall nice condition. Some swirls in CAR finish, some discoloration on maple neck. Negligible fret wear. Great combination of electronics, lots of flexibility. Battery compartment cover missing. Not an issue. It takes a screwdriver to pry the battery out of the box.

Got this bass here on TB. I didn't bond with it enough to bump my regulars but the band liked it. (I think they just liked the now discontinued sparkly CAR.)

Price shipped CONUS. Shipped a IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0683.JPG nywhere else I'll drop it off at a pack and ship place and the rest is on you.

Ships in an adequate but not special gig bag.

(BEQP-1 Onboard Bass EQ Preamplifier) (Neodymium bass pickups) neo

Attached Files:

bassguyky48 and SMG like this.
  2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Nice. This color/fretboard combination are rare. I actually have one. Upgraded as well.

SMG and superiorpine like this.
  3. bizzybodypro

bizzybodypro

Feb 26, 2011
    Any sound clips?

4. superiorpine

superiorpine Superiorpine Gold Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    sorry, no.

5. JLY

JLY Supporting Member Supporting Member