1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland and Darkstars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassicsax, Sep 10, 2008.

1. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    So does anybody know if Lakland is still gonna offer Darkstars in their new lines of basses? I was looking at their website and they don't say anything about the darkstars, all they talk about is their new chisonic pickups...

2. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I hope they will still be available. I haven't heard the Chi=sonics but they are supposed to be real cool too.

3. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    I do too, I just bought one with the Bartolini's, but I would still like to have one with the darkstars one day...

4. Kenny Allyn

Kenny Allyn

Mar 25, 2006
    Memphis
    Last time I talked to Fred Hammon, I believe he said they (Lakland) had not ordered a Dark Star from him in about a year.

:meh: ... Dunno IF that means you can still order them or not?

5. mattygbass

mattygbass Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Stafford Springs, CT
    lakland is trying to get away from other brands of pickups and just use their own, wich i cool. all their pickups that they've been making are really great.

6. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    thats a shame, while the lakland pickups do sound good, the darkstars have a very unique sound...

7. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    Last time I spoke to them about a Decade, they said you could still order them with the DS's

Dan

8. bassicsax

bassicsax

Jul 29, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    was that since they started using the chi sonics?