1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland and Ryan Owen of Robbie Seay Band

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by buffordbass, Sep 11, 2008.

1. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    I got the chance to catch these guys in concert last night on the opening night of a 36 city tour. They did an awesome job. Unfortunately I didnt get to talk to Ryan after the show, but let me tell you what he brought out........... OH MY GOODNESS!!

#1 - The most beautiful USA JO4 - Natural / Maple, stacked pots... this bass was incredible through his Aguilar set up. It sounded like a bass is suppose to sound... clean, clear, LOUD, punchy, and deep as a river!!

#2 - I was trying to figure out what was on his stand as a back-up and then he pulled it out second set.... a Candy Apple Red Decade!!!! I was sooooooo wanting to go up after and try to get my hands on it, but alas.... This bass to me sounded like a vintage P-Bass without the sometimes "loose tone" and as if someone poured molasses all over it. The clear, crisp, articulate, yet incredibly full sound was a pure joy to hear. ( Well heck, my G.A.S. has shifted gears to a whole new level now!!)

Great job by all last night! Kudos and good luck on the tour!

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    They were about 25 miles from where I live about a month ago, but I didn't know it so I missed them.
    If you click the link below and scroll down to a video called Decatur Celebration you'll see him playing a Lakland but probably not the same one because it looks gold or copper colored. Also looks like he was playing through an Ampeg of some sorts.
    http://www.wbgl.org/interior2.php?cat_id=4&ID1=147

3. 76Dub

76Dub Guest

Jul 9, 2008
    Ryan has some killer gear and probably one of the best live tones out there and is one heck of a great guy

4. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    100% agreed!!! AND he is a LOG member!!!!

I almost got to an invite the last time they were in town to go and see them, but it turns out the event was "private".....hopefully I can see them on this tour!!!!

Doug

PS - on a semi-related subject, Kutlass is playing at my son's college tomorow night (Friday) for "family weekend" but I am in Canada for business and will not be back until Saturday! Tickets are like $10!!!! :crying:

5. brandinstroy

brandinstroy Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I Support the following: Fodera, Noble Amps, JHAudio, Trickfish Amplification
    yeah Ryan is a great player and a good friend of mine. Great tone and feel. And always good gear

6. ryanowens

ryanowens Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 1, 2004
    Houston
    Trickfish Amplificaton
    Very Cool.

Terry, I wish you would have found me after the Dallas Show. I always love getting my basses in other peoples hands to check out.

I was running through my Aguilar DB750 and DB810 that night.

the Decatur Festival video is my Aguilar Ag500 and an Ampeg 810. when we fly to a gig I always carry on the Ag500 and use it with the backline cabs.... always sounds great. The bass in that video is a USA Osborn in Shoreline Gold.... awesome bass and actually belongs to our keyboard player who is a great bass player. I'm trying to convince him to let me have it! somethign tells me that is not going to happen.

Check our dates on our myspace and PM me if any of you are able to make it out to a show, I would love to hang out after.

www.myspace.com/robbieseayband

Word,

Ryan

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Cool, thanks for jumping in here Ryan.

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I just want to add in Ryan is a SUPER nice guy.

9. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Hey Ryan,
    pm at you...