Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland at BassNW

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steviecsg, Jul 30, 2005.

1. steviecsg

steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I think is a killer deal,ask them about the conditions,not grat conditions,ask what conditions,any flaw or dints.

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    +1. The one time I ordered something used from Bass NW, and I believe they said it was in excellent condition, it wound up having severe fret issues.

4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    buying a used instruments via internet is a real headache

5. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I've bought 4 basses or so used off the net and this was the only one that had as many problems as it did. It was a Tobias Growler and it was sad though because it was my first serious attempt at a bass upgrade from my Ibanez SR400. Back then I only knew the name Tobias and had no idea at it wasn't a genunie handmade one.

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    lol...you buy a brand name

7. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    That's what I realized :)

8. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I disagree 100%, IF you buy from a reputable shop with a return policy, you actually have a better chance to try it out, then in some shop with a bunch of megadeath wanna be's cranking a Marshall stack. And it broadens the choices of available basses considerably! I think you would be crazy not to take advantage of places like Bass NW, Bass Central, Low Down Sound, Atlanta Bass Gallery, Austin Bass traders, G Guitars and Elderly if they had what you wanted at the right price. I have dealt personally with all these shops and have never been disappointed. I'm sure their are others too.

9. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member

$499 with a case ?! If the condition is as stated , SNAP IT UP !!!!

10. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    yeah you tell the truth,but this take me 3years to learn how make a good deals via internet.

11. Kurt Hans

Kurt Hans

Mar 17, 2005
    Seattle
    I'm heading to BassNW on tuesday. I'll give it a once over for you.

12. I've had only good experiences buying used basses off the internet...although i only bought one hehe. if pocket sand finds the bass not to your liking, PM me. I'm thinking about selling my Lakland to fund a new custom. :D

13. I've been to shops with "megadeth wanna be's" cranking Marshall stacks and they were reputable businesses.

14. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i stay in the run for one Custom Jazz,this weel s crutial for me,cros your fingers guys ;)

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    $499 for that bass is a good deal..that bass new (without case) will go for a minimum of $649-$699 plus that case is not a Lakland case and looks to be quite nice.

You can not go wrong with BNW either IMO....

I just bought a Hofner Club from them for fairly serious money and couldn't be happier with the transaction all the way around.

Attn: Hofner Hounds...they have one more like I just bought:

http://www.bassnw.com/New Exotic Basses/hofner_limited_edition_club_bass.htm

16. fourstringdrums

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What I should have done back then was take advantage of their return policy (even though it's 2 days, although they're flexible about it I later found out). But my first instinct was to take it to my local tech (bad move, the problem was only 90% resolved, not due to any fault of his, and I was out a few hundred bucks in the end).

17. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    I've dealt with Bass NW many times regarding new and used bass equipment. I've never been disappointed. Also, given their return policy, you should be pretty dang safe. Looks like a good deal on a nice bass. I can't think it's going to last very long.

Bones

18. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Whoever want s that Lakland needs to call ASAP. I know from experience that used 55-01s don't last long.

19. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I think you're missing his point.

Its hard to try out gear in a noisy enviroment, no matter the reputation of the business.

The 'reputable' part refers to online sales, and being able to trust a dealer that you can't access geographically.

20. Agreed. they are GREAT basses. especially with the NTMB upgrade.