Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland B. Glaub vs Sadowsky Vintage P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sufenta, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Looking for T-Basser opinions between these two P-style basses. Thanks:)

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI!

I've never played a Glaub but did have the honor of playing a Sad P about a month ago at the shop in NYC. WOW! I loved it. If I could have justified a 4th Sadowsky, I would have been all over it. Full size body, sad p/u and preamp(the best pre on earth, IMO), beautifully finished, fretwork perfect, etc. I owned a Lakland Deluxe 4 a couple years back. Beautifully put together, awesome quilt top, etc. I didn't care for the tones I got out of the bass which forced me to sell. What I think is awesome might be the opposite for you and vice versa. I'd do my best to try both and make up your own mind.

Rob

3. Sufenta

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Thanks for the re bp. I am definitely leaning toward the Sadowsky, especially with the P/J config.
    Does anybody here own a Glaub that they would like to comment on?

4. DaveB

DaveB

Mar 29, 2000
    Toronto Ontario
    Don't get me wrong I like Lakland but if the choice is any Lakland model vs the corresponding Sadowsky model I would take the Sadowsky every time.

5. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I once owned this USA Glaub. I only sold it because I wanted one with a maple fret board. We a/b'd it against a matching 68 p-bass. The sound was identical and the Glaub had more output. For the money, I'd go with the USA Glaub.

[​IMG]

6. Sufenta

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Any idea of street prices for these two basses?

7. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Sadowsky: 2900
    Lakland: 1900

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if you're a BIG time p bass guy, then the sadowsky. but if not, and you just want something really nice to add to the arsenal, save the moolah, and get the Glaub. played a nice sunburst a few weeks ago, and it was too cool for school. if i'm not mistaken, had Lindy Fralin pbass pickup which was very nice. punchie, bold and butt kickin'. course, i went back and it was gone in a matter days.