1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland Barts - what are they?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Rocky55, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Rocky55

Rocky55 Supporting Member

I've searched on the forum but couldn't find this info.

Does anyone know which model are the bart pickups in the Lakland 55-94? Also, are they active or passive? I realize there is a battery in the 55-94, but is it only for the preamp, or for both the pre & pups?

The reason I ask is that a friend of mine builds basses and might be interested in them, but wanted more info. I have a spare set since upgrading to the Lakland setup (WOW!!!!!). Also, any idea what they are worth (MM + J)?

Thanks,
    Rocky

2. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

ASSUMING

that's one of the Korean Laklands the pups are designed by Bart not made by them (you won't see them listed on their site). The MK1's are the only such particular model I'm aware of.

Don't know but probably passive given they're designed by Bart. Stick a meter on them and find out.

They're worth about what any lower end combo like that would sell for, $30 or so. For example I bought an MM from an MTD Kingston for $15 shipped once.

3. maurilio

maurilio Musician - Owner Mo's Shop & MBD - Tech Nordstrand Commercial User

May 25, 2003
    Redlands, CA
    The 55-94 is the made in USA mod.!... no MK-1!

Last time I've checked with Dan, he told me they are the "K" model (brighter than the "regular" Deep/C mod), but custom wounded for Lakland.

I guess they could go for $130/150 for both if in good shape.

M

4. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Okay, can the assumption then. Too many manufacturer models for me to remember one from another.

Anyway, go to ebay closed auctions and skim. Bass pups have been down for a couple months at least. Used Bart MM's going for about $50 and J's about $30 so I'd say anything you'd get above that would be a plus. Actually that's more brand name MM's and single J's in general, Barts may be going for a little more now. It's cyclical. A skim will tell you at any rate.

Guess you were just looking for confirmation since it sounds like you had your answers before the post.

If nothing else, you got a bump so you may get more feedback yet.

5. Rocky55

Rocky55 Supporting Member

Just got this from Dan (I asked if I could quote him here):

"The pickups are passive. Battery for for the preamp. We just ordered them as 5-string sets. I'm not sure what Bartolini calls them.

Dan"

I guess this answers my question.
    Thanks to all who responded.

Rocky

6. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I think they are pretty much stock Barts.