Lakland Basses, truly amazing!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mrtreacle, Nov 25, 2003.

1. mrtreacle

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I had a chance to visit Lakland in Chicago while on tour, where I met Dan Lakin and got a chance to purchase 2 44-02's. All I have to say is that I was a committed Stingray fan for years until I played these basses. I have now used them every night on tour with my Aggie DB750 and I have to say that out of my large collection of basses, these are by far the finest instruments I have ever played.

I am in no way affiliated with Lakland, but I am truly floored by their gear. I strongly suggest if you ever have a chance to play one of these basses, don't hesitate to do so, you won't be sorry.
  2. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    just curious, but why would you buy 2 of the same instrument? did you get different electronics or anything? just different finishes?
  3. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    I have to agree. Lakland basses are great. I have a Skyline Joe Osborn that I absolutely love. It is the oldest bass in my collection having been with me 15 months.
  4. mrtreacle

Jun 18, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I bought 2 because 1 is a backup for live work.

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    i'll give my thumbs up for lakland (i own a 55-94)...

there seems to be a lovefest here for these basses, so i don't care to be too profuse and jump in and praise them....there are many good instruments out there, but this brand can hold its own against anything.....
  6. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm guessing so he can have one pre-tuned down half-step?
  7. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    I have to agree.
    I love my new lakland.
  8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Woooooo! Lakland! Woooooo!

Yeah, great basses.