1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland body for sale on Ebay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tortoise.sg, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Lakland body on Ebay
    Anybody knows if this is true?
    This guy claims to have sold a few of these bodies already. Have you guy seen any of them floating around?
    I'm really keen on this but don't know if it's is true.. :ninja:

2. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    I dont' know if that's legit or not,but i wouldn't buy it. defintely seems fishy

3. Fishy right..
    I've been comparing it with my lakland body shape and it's looks exactly the same.. from my computer screen that is..
    And the finish looks so good.
    Awesome flame/quilt top.
    Drool...

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    That body is one of the first 50 made.

5. moro

moro Geek

Sep 5, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Ooo, pretty.

How would you go about getting a neck for this thing, though? Does Lakland sell their necks separately?

6. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    I contacted Dan asking for a quote on a 55-02 neck, and he informed me that it would be $300 shipped, IIRC. I believe it came with Hipshot ULs, too, so the neck itself is only about $200 or less, if you factor in that you're getting the shipping and tuners along with it.

Not a bad deal at all, especially for that Lakland quality.

7. Turns out that quite a few people think that this body is real stuff.

I've never seen a Lakland body on sale before so I don't know the market value of it. But judging the USD305 winning bid, I think it should be worth the money.

What do you all think?

8. moro

moro Geek

Sep 5, 2006
    Bay Area, CA
    Sounds like someone got a great deal. I would have bid on it if it was a 5 string.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Inactive

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Who ever got it,got a great deal.

10. jim nolte

jim nolte

Oct 26, 2006
    california
    Dan quoted me $300.00 for a 55-02 maple neck without any hardware, and said he would not have any in stock for about 3 months. Jim