Lakland Bridge?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Jul 21, 2002.

1. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Is it possible to replace a Lakland Bridge on the new Skyline 44-02 with something else? anyone ever tried it? what bridge would work?

2. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I've gotta wonder why you would need to replace the bridge... It's got a very solid feel to it, and it has a string-through-body option... very complete to me. Any particular ideas as to why you would want to replace the bridge? just curious....

3. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Don't like the look of it.
  4. Different Strokes for different folks.
    I absolutely love how the Lakland bridges look. I actually think the rectangular type look like poop.
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I never discourage experimentation and applaud you for thinking "outside the box."

But if you can't hear how that bridge serves the tone of that bass, you'll just need to make a few mistakes. It is simply -perfection- to me after decades of playing bass and appreciating what a "money tone" is.

Lakin and his designers could have spec'd Skylines with much less expensive bridges but they didn't. Remember, one of the inspirations for the design was the Stingray and that bridge sounds just as barbaric as any Stingray (I mean that in a "good" way. It sounds very "in-yer-face.").
  6. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I would love to hear a lakland without the lakland bridge.... just to know! But I have to agree with rickbass, I don't think you can improve the tone, only damage what a lakland brings...

7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    If I'm going to replace a Lakland bridge, it'll be because it broke. Then I'll get another Lakland bridge! Trust me, you'll be doing yourself a disservice by replacing it. If you don't like the look, paint it pink, or something. :D
  8. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    a pink bridge.. theres a song in there somewhere..
    i concur- leave that bridge alone.. its part of the sound- just about every oether bass in the world has the rectangular bridge- get one of those!!
  10. RealBk.....Yeah! Put on a BadAss2 bridge, even better yet,,, get one that you have to rout out the body for the bridge. Yeah! that be real gooood!!!........BaHahahahahahayack! RealBK, Do you own a Lakland Skyline 44-02 or are you just thinking out loud? If you do own one Do us a favor and sell that Skyline to one of us poor saps and buy yourself a Essex and do some damage to that.
  11. RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Statrting to like the Look of the Lakland bridge now.

I'm going to get a Skyline 44-02 (Nat quilt) In October (When they will be on sale)
  12. BigOldHarry

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Searched, fount his thread...

My question is different: I have read that the lakland US bridges are a bit different from the Skyline bridges. So I have 3 questions:

1) What is the difference
    2) How can I tell them apart
    3) where does one shop to GET a US lakland bridge