1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD LAKLAND Darryl Jones 4 (DJ4) FS/FT (+cash) for Rickenbacker 4003

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dub56, Oct 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    DC
    Lakland Skyline Darryl Jones 4 string (DJ4) - Made in 2007 - No longer being produced, great chance to pick one up, and this is a good one.

Color is white pearl, neck is rosewood bound n' blocked. Comes with black pearloid pickguard along with original white pickguard.

Bass has Hanson (Lakland) Pickups

Bass is in great shape, no blemishes I could find.

Plays GREAT with very low action and no buzz, neck is smooth, quick, and comfortable. Bass sounds great, killer jazz bass tone. Was just professionally set up and strung up with a new set of DR Lo-Riders.

This is a phenomenal bass, as with every Lakland I've laid my hands on. I'm only putting this one out there because I only need one passive Jazz in my arsenal, and really am looking for a Rickenbacker.

NO LONGER LOOKING TO TRADE, MUST SELL!

Asking $1100 SHIPPED in HSC (beat up, but functional and fits the bass well)

PICS:

DSC01932.jpg

DSC01931.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

DSC01936.jpg

DSC01945.jpg
    I just laid the white pickguard on top of the other for this picture to give an idea of the look

Thanks!

2. WOW! Amazing Darryl Jones.

3. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    DC
    Bump

Any Rics out there?

4. That bass is absolutely beautiful. Color me jealous seeing as a poor college student can't rationalize owning two of the same bass.
    That being said, if you, potential buyer, are considering investing in a Lakland Darryl Jones bass, do it. It won't be a poor decision.

5. LosSamplers

LosSamplers

Jan 13, 2007
    It's beautiful. How much does it weigh, approx?

6. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    DC
    I'm not sure on the weight, it weighs less than my JO5 did, and that was around 10 pounds. I'd say it's around 9 to be safe but maybe less.

7. These basses are going to see an uptick in used value I predict. Someone needs to snag this animal.

8. Lateralus_cl

Lateralus_cl

Jul 20, 2010
    Bump for a stunning bass, a real beauty!

9. basser05

basser05

Jul 30, 2010
    i have a custom sg bass that was a prototype for a goddess series that never happened. it is a pink sparkle. it plays and sounds awesome, but just isnt my thing. i know u said u werent interested in trades anymore, but thought id throw it out there. thanks!

10. ItsNotMeTalking

ItsNotMeTalking

Feb 16, 2005
    say its gone =)

11. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    DC
    Woops, sorry, forgot to say that..

This ones heading to a new home! SOLD

12. BobaFret

BobaFret