Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Lakland Daryl Jones Signature Skyline.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Does anyone own one? I've been G.A.S.ing over them for a little bit, and I was looking for some feedback. Just gimme a tiny review or something. Also, pictures would be nice :).

2. AJ Love

AJ Love

Oct 8, 2002
    Madison WI USA
    a friend of mine has one. they are very nice basses. apparently Lakland will be coming out with a USA version in 2004

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    One of the best jazz style basses you will ever play short of a Sadowsky or similar bass costing several times as much. The DJ price is reasonable, the fit and finish are first rate. The neck is a somewhat flattened jazz profile. The block inlays and binding are very well done, the aero pickups give jazz type tone with a little snappier highs and a bit more bottom.

You absolutely cannot go wrong with one.

4. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Their Great looking basses thats forsure! I always likes the A bass DJ design. I would pick a different pickup, but thats just me and an easy change.

5. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Would it be possible to get it without the signature on the headstock? I hate when the headstocks are signed, it makes it seem like the instrument is an immitation.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Im guessing short of a USA custom, you would not be able to get it without a headstock sig. The sig doesn't bother me in the least. It's not really that obvious. My Duck Dunn P also has a signed headstock and that doesn't bother me either.
    Think of it this way, at least the sig isnt inlayed on the fretboard like that awful Sting sig screwing up a perfectly neat bass.

7. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    So true..

8. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone who where to pick up one of these? What's the average price?

9. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    Bet get well the get'ns good. There's one for sale in the forum here on talkbass. Asking $900 shipped to anywhere in the US.

Take a look

<HREF></HREF>

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
    I believe they are around $1075. That's what most places are advertising them for sale.

11. JRBrown

JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    Like what?

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Dude beats the price pistolrace posted by quite a bit.

13. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    check bass central and bass nw and give them a chance to quote a price (or match a quote if possible). Great guys.

14. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI

Jolly good, how much is he asking for them? I've been thinking about one too

Can anyone tell me how good of an output these basses have?

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You have PM Pistolerace...